Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Need advice almost two weeks of hardly sleeping!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:21 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
I just recently went through a horrible engament breakup and moved back home with my family. Ever since I been back I can't seem to fall asleep early or stay asleep. Before I would go to bed around 9 10 the latest and be up at 6 or 7 to make my fiancé his lunch. But now I'm going to bed around 1 or 2 even 3 the latest and up by 630 to get ready for school even if I don't have school I can't seem to stay asleep longer. I know it's going to start catching up to me and I haven't had this problem before until the break up. Also I have not took anything over the counter or gone to the dr about this because I don't want to get addicted to sleeping pills. There are so good home remides I want to try. Like taking magnesium and calcium before bed and there are some others. Has anyone have this same problem or is having a difficult time sleeping as well. And how is your body coping with less sleep.
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
scoleman828
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I'm sleeping only a couple hours a night and have been for several months. It's because I'm in so much pain. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and have severe sciatic nerve pain. I can only lay comfortably (sort of) in one position for about 20 minutes. I toss and turn all night, with many trips to the bathroom. I also have 2 year old twins so... I just cope the best I can and look forward to the day that things change.
Sorry about your breakup, I know how hard that can be. Try doing something relaxing near your ideal "bedtime" (take a warn bath with lavender, read a book, etc) and make sure all electronics are off - no TV, cell phone, computer, etc at least an hour before trying to sleep. Hope this helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Oh I am sorry for your break up. My grandmother would give me warm milk to help me sleep when I was younger because I was scared to sleep. (something happened in my past that was a reason why I was scared to sleep) When I stayed with her she would help me sleep.

boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I'm sorry for what you're going through. I had issues with insomnia for a few months, and I've got meds that I take for it, but I don't take them every night. I understand what you're saying about getting addicted, but maybe I haven't had that issue because I only take them occasionally at half dose (it's been four months and I'm still on my original prescription). My insomnia was related to my depression/anxiety, so maybe if you found a way to deal with the stress of the breakup, the insomnia will resolve itself. My counseling sessions have done more to relieve the anxiety than the pills have. Good luck, I hope you find something that works

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Sorry for the break up! I don't have any advice on how to help it, but go through the same thing almost every night. I have a 10 month old who has never slept through the night, which I don't mind now but now I am used to getting up a few times a night even when she only wakes up once that night. A lot of times I fall asleep from being on my phone on CM haha.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Melatonin
Cindyrella21
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

My husband takes Zzzquil. I read the label it wont make you addicted so you can stop taking it whenever. Its not expensive, you can find it at any drugstore.

nikki666444
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Calm the fuck down. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)