Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Why So Negative?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this
I have a question ladies, why is it so easy for people to be so negative? I mean goodness I believe everyday is a God given day & I know a few people who just think about everything in the negative. You have kids, & they're mad because they didn't have them first, you get a job & they're mad because they didn't apply, you make $ & they're mad because they broke. I honestly don't understand this. I've always lives by this little motto, "Don't wait for life, because life isn't waiting for you" so I went out at 17, earned my associates degree & worked for the medical field for about 5 years & then I realized I was just alive & not living so I did the best thing I could have ever done, I found the great work at home job & now I stay home & work about 3/4 days a week & enjoy the rest with my awesome husband & my 2 wonderful little girls. All I'm trying to say is, love life because we only have 1 & time flies. God bless y'all. Mali & Lilly's Mum.
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovelyladybump
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes we need to be reminded. Thank you!
TempestRayne
by Donna on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Because, if you are a pessimist, you are rarely disappointed.
RheaF
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

IDK, I don't get it. After DH was laid off, we spent 15 months unemployed and trying to find work everywhere. It got hard, and was a very humbling experiance.

I now can look at my life and see all the blessings we have. No, we don't have much, but we are so blessed. DH has a good job now, we have our health, our home, food on the table, etc. Life is too good and too short to spend angry because I don't have as much as someone else.

dez0913
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Thank you! See we don't have a lot either. We always have just enough. (:

Quoting RheaF:

IDK, I don't get it. After DH was laid off, we spent 15 months unemployed and trying to find work everywhere. It got hard, and was a very humbling experiance.

I now can look at my life and see all the blessings we have. No, we don't have much, but we are so blessed. DH has a good job now, we have our health, our home, food on the table, etc. Life is too good and too short to spend angry because I don't have as much as someone else.

boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Some people just like raining on parades. it makes them feel better or something. 

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know but I consider myself to be a pretty positive person.

brittany208
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

changing my previous comment to say....

there are always going to be negative people out there. you just have to ignore them. dont let them get to you. just focus on the 16 positive/helpful replies, and ignore the negative 2. they arent worth the time to even reply. people can only get you down if you let them! :)

dez0913
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I hardly let people get under my skin. I just have a few people in my immediate family that just make me want to shake them. Okay this is honesty time, I have 2 brothers who I try & try to make them come to church & I know God says to trust in his timing. I'm just scared something bad might happen to them by the time they decide to give their lives to Jesus. I don't know I'm just a concerned sister that's all. (:

Quoting brittany208:

there are always going to be negative people out there. you just have to ignore them. dont let them get to you. just focus on the 16 positive/helpful replies, and ignore the negative 2. they arent worth the time to even reply. people can only get you down if you let them! :)

brittany208
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM

i understand completely. the best thing you can do is just pray, pray, pray, pray, pray. morning, noon, and night. God has been teaching me a lot about trusting Him lately. I keep praying about things, both big and small, and seeing over and over again in very real ways that prayer works. not that you always get the answer you want. sometimes God says yes, but sometimes he says no or not right now.

Yesterday at church, our pastor was talking about how we want God to make things work out the way we want them to. But God sees the whole picture and maybe He sees: "If I give everyone what they want immediately, they don't learn to depend on me and get closer to me. But if I don't give them everything right away, they learn to depend on me and get closer to me." and since our ultimate goal SHOULD be to grow closer to God every day, it can be LOVING and in our best interest when we don't always get what we want right away. Not saying that God doesnt delight in giving us good things, bc He definitely does. But sometimes something else is what's best for us, and God always wants what is best for us, not always what we want right now. (wow that was a lot shorter when the pastor said it)

anyways, of course your brothers becoming Christian would be the best. but i imagine being a Christian means more to someone who has been saved from something, than someone who has just been a Christian their whole life (like me). And maybe God wants to save them FROM something so when they do have that connection, its a deeper one....? I dont know, I'm not God. But God IS God and he DOES know. so you just have to trust. It sucks, I know. But its really the best (only) way....

Quoting dez0913:

I hardly let people get under my skin. I just have a few people in my immediate family that just make me want to shake them. Okay this is honesty time, I have 2 brothers who I try & try to make them come to church & I know God says to trust in his timing. I'm just scared something bad might happen to them by the time they decide to give their lives to Jesus. I don't know I'm just a concerned sister that's all. (:

Quoting brittany208:

MadameK620
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM

AMEN!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)