Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

would you support her?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 44 Replies
Would u support a 14yr old thats,pregnant throw her an over the top shower and let her think its ok to do this
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM
4 moms liked this
If she doesn't need support, I don't know who does.
ShireeCS
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I would help out the best I could to make sure she finishes school but would encourage her to give the baby up for adoption
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM
9 moms liked this
An over the top shower and tell her it's fine? No.

A modest shower and tell her I will help her finish school, while bringing to light the realities of having a baby? Yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erin708
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
If the family can throw something like that than sure. Just because she's 14 doesn't mean she doesn't need anything for her baby. And its already happened so why make her feel bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Honestly, I think a lot of people tend to forget that it has only been within the past couple hundred years that it has fallen out of custom to be married and already having a child that young. Millions of years of evolution aren't going to be dropped by the wayside THAT quickly.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes, if she was my child I would support her any ways I could even tell her if she couldn't raise it I would help her. But I am not sure I would have to be in that situation but that is how I feel about it. She is my daughter and I would be there for her every step of the way. 

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep.

Quoting beadingmom17:

A modest shower and tell her I will help her finish school, while bringing to light the realities of having a baby? Yes.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Yep.

Quoting beadingmom17:

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM
True, however 14 year olds back in the day were WAY more mature than 14 year olds of today.

Quoting TempestRayne:

Honestly, I think a lot of people tend to forget that it has only been within the past couple hundred years that it has fallen out of custom to be married and already having a child that young. Millions of years of evolution aren't going to be dropped by the wayside THAT quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Agree with this.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN