Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 26 Replies

SO I have had my Mirrana IUD in 5 years Sept. I called to see how much it was going to cost to have it removed because I do not have insurance. IT IS GOING TO COST ME MORE TO GET IT REMOVED THEN IT COST FOR THE STUPID THING AND TO HAVE IT INSURTED! $800.00 and i have to pay half of it up front SERIOUSLY!!!!How the hell am I going to afford that! and it HAS to come out!

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChancesMommy07
by Jessica on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Try calling your local health department. My sister had hers put in and removed through them and didn't have to pay anything.

AJ-47
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Whoa. I'm sorry. =[ I had no idea it was so pricey; I got it when hubs was Army and got it out after he had this job for a bit. I guess insurance just took csre of it. That's insane how expensive it is.
nlallison2351
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:41 PM

we have a tiny litle town and that was the clinic that i spoke to I dont even know if we have a health depatment but i will for sure look into it

lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:42 PM
I've had a couple friends pull it out themselves but they didn't have it in the full 5yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlallison2351
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I have had regular checkups like is required and hubby and still feel it so i know it isnt implanted i just didnt want to have to pull it out myself!

geekymom08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM

You need to check into the health dept. Ours does services and the prices are based on income!

CBMama06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:52 PM
This!!

Quoting geekymom08:

You need to check into the health dept. Ours does services and the prices are based on income!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocrobin90
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Can u try getting insurance again

leslie1989
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:53 PM
What about public health? Or maybe go to a bigger town sometimes they have more out there for people with/out insurance.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Do you have a planned parenthood? Maybe they would take it out for free or cheaper? They have programs too that go by your income.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)