Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you eat expensivly on your food stamps??

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM
  • 18 Replies

I just re applied for food stamps. Im courious as to how ppl eat when there on food stamps. I know when I had them in the begining I didnt eat healthy like I do now. Im more the fruits and veggies type now. More of the all natural. I dont buy expensive steaks, I hunt for a majority of my meat.(elk mostly) and I dont buy the crab or **Expensive** Lifestyle. So tell me. Are you a processed foods?? (pizza, frozen dinners, ect) Or do you eat more healthy like the fruits and veggies type??

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kstorm234
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I'm not much of a healthy eater since I don't like a lot of things but I'm not extremely unhealthy.
pancake.
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM
When I had food stamps I was eating like a queen. Steaks, lobster, crabs, pies.

Now I'm not on them and think eating a hot pocket is the sweet life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I eat healthy. But I'm not on FS.

Bump!
RheaF
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:54 PM
We eat healthy and we are on FS. DH got a new job, and work has been picking up, so I don't think we will get them much longer. As a family of four, we get $300 a month. With DS's needs we cannot eat a lot of processed foods.
MeSegotia
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Quoting pancake.:

When I had food stamps I was eating like a queen. Steaks, lobster, crabs, pies.

Now I'm not on them and think eating a hot pocket is the sweet life.

See I did before but now that I have to budget my life theres no room for splurging like that.

CafeMom Tickers
MeSegotia
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Im in the process of learning to coupon too so maybe I can make them last just a lil bit longer too!!

nikki666444
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Both.  I like steak though and I do buy soda with my food stamps.  But I do like broccoli and carrots and salads lol.  Oh and apples.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:21 PM
We eat pretty healthy. We get junk occasionally but we aren't on foodstamps.
littlecheifsmom
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Well for our situation we get 100 a month for 4 people. I usually buy meat fruit veggies with our fs.
No we drink water, milk, juice, tea. We try & be as healthy as possible with our food choices. Weither using fs or no fs
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I think whether your using food stamps or not, there are those who eat healthy, those who don't and those in the middle. I am in the middle. I drink a lot of soda but we also eat a lot of fruits and veggies. We also eat organic meats when we can afford them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)