Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you regret having kids?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 29 Replies
I don't regret my baby's, but I regret who I had them with. I love my husband and he is a great Guy but his family is off the hook crazy. Dramatic druggies egotistic looneys. I met my husband when I was 15 and he was 17. (8 years together) but I didn't meet his family till 2 years ago after our kids were born cause we live out of state. If I would have known the blood line I was giving my kids I wouldn't have had them with him. Apparently my father in law and mother in law and both sides are completely bonkers. I love my boys with all my heart. I just hope since we arent near them they will turn out different. So what about you. Have you ever thought maybe you should have chose a little wiser?
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband's family is a little on the crazy side, as is mine. We live our lives completely different than they do. 

Is your husband anything like his family? I'd personally be horribly insulted if my husband ever said he wished he'd chosen a little wiser, based off the impression of my mother. 

If he's a great husband and father, I don't see what the problem is. If you don't like his family, do what we do, and put plenty of distance between you.

raye-chan
by Raye on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM
No, we don't. We're happy together, regardless of how crazy our families are. It's him i married, not his mother or father. My guy is a wonderful father to little man and a loving, silly husband and to me, that's what matters most.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:55 PM
If anything had been different your kids would be completely different.. Don't let family change the way you feel about your kids. They aren't important, your little unit is.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Does your husband act like his family? I would be very upset if my husband said he wished he didn't have kids with me because of my family. :/
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Nope. I married a wonderful man and we had 2 wonderful children together. =D

jojo_star
by Jojo on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:40 PM
2 moms liked this

No. I do not have any children with my husband, we each had a child before we met, and we are also raising our niece and nephew, so four kids. I am currently pregnant with our first together. My son is the result of a rape. Clearly, his biological father is a monster. I was 12 and he was over 40 when he raped me and got me pregnant. I worried during the pregnancy that my son would be like him, that he'd carry those traits. My son is all me and my husband. The genes don't matter, what matters is how they are raised. My son emulates my husband, who is the only father he's ever had, and despite not sharing any blood, they are very close and ds is just like him. I have no idea what my blood line is, I'm adopted, and I have no way of ever finding my birth parents, even if I wanted to. I was dumped as an infant, so clearly, my birth parents aren't the nicest people either. It doesn't matter where you come from. What matters is what you do and how you raise your children. My niece and nephew, who are our children in every way that counts, were raised by two very awful people, who abused them. They are two of the most amazing teenagers I know, and are nothing like their biological parents. So to answer your question, no. 

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Nope I don't regret my husband, or his family, or our daughter. His family has been with me through my worst. They were there through out my pregnancy and dealing with my own birth mother. Yes I call her that because she doesn't deserved to be called mom. 

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
We focus on OUR family, just us, and keep any family that is unsavory far away.

We have a great life.
KimmieLu
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
The only thing I regret in life is getting a dog. My husband and baby are flippin' awesome.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Exactly.

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

My husband's family is a little on the crazy side, as is mine. We live our lives completely different than they do. 

Is your husband anything like his family? I'd personally be horribly insulted if my husband ever said he wished he'd chosen a little wiser, based off the impression of my mother. 

If he's a great husband and father, I don't see what the problem is. If you don't like his family, do what we do, and put plenty of distance between you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)