Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Just Need To Talk *Edit* Miss Carriage

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

I need some Mom support, I haven't really talked to anyone but my husband about this and just need some perspective... First, a little about me, I am a mother to 3 wonderful little boys, they are 6, 4 & 2, I have been married for 7 years and love my husband very much! Here's my deal, I keep close tabs on my menstrual cycles and I was supposed to start on the 21st, I still haven't, I took a pregnancy test on the 24th and it was positive. It's a surprise, I mean we weren't exactly preventing it, so duh! I know. And we did plan to eventually have another baby, possibly 2, but now we are thinking if I really am pregnant then this will be our last. But I have all the paranoid Mom questions flying around in my head, Am I going to be able to handle FOUR boys? (Cause I'm 95% sure it will be another boy) Is it going to be too hard financially? Will my youngest adjust okay? But I also know the answers to all these goofy questions! Please no bashing or being mean, I just need someone to talk to.
Melanie A.K.A ~devilbabie~

I went to the doctor on the 3rd, and the doctor confirmed I was pregnant, I am 6 weeks and due the 28th of February, now that the shock has warn off I am super excited :) Hoping maybe this one will be a girl, if not oh well :) I will have 4 wonderful boys! This one will be our last. Four kids is a good sized family :) Thank you all so much for the support and the thoughtful comments, it really helps!
Melanie A.K.A. ~devilbabie~

Well, I was finally adjusting to being pregnant and we were excited and then... it ended... The 12th (Friday) of July I noticed pink discharge, I've been through a miss carriage before and my heart sunk... I didn't call the doctor till Monday, witch I have been kicking myself for! They sent me straight over to get my blood tested and the 16th they had me go in for an US and the tech wouldn't tell me anything... I knew... I didn't want to ask for copies... Because, I could tell something was wrong... I miss carried the 18th.
Melanie A.K.A. ~devilbabie~

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CJsMommy92
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck, four is a lot but I'm sure you can handle it

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
You will be fine! ;)
Chunkymunkey922
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure you will do awesome. I've actually read something.that said three is the hardest number of kids. So maybe four will be easier :). It's a lot to twke on. Just don't forget to carve our special time alone and for you and dh.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like you are already doing great with 3 boys. Adding another child isn't going to hurt you. :) (maybe it will be a girl) sending baby girl dust to you. :) Congrats on being pregnant. But you are are done at this one that will be up to you too. :) 

jojo_star
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! I have four right now, three boys and a girl, and I am pregnant. My kids are older, 12, 14, 15, and 17.  This pregnancy wasn't planned either, and the only way that we are ready for a baby is financially. It's going to be a hard adjustment for all of us. 

devilbabie
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate all the reasurring thoughts! :) Just kind of a shock is all :)

jojo_star, congrats to you! :) thank you! You'll do awesome! Three six and under is hard, I'm worried if I'll be able to handle four six and under!

angiejones256
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

i wanna have another little one as well BUT  my dh and i were talking i think he does to. we have 2 boys 1 and 7ms ya 10 ms apart lol u will do fine if u r expecting it was ment to be hun u will do amazing dont worry about it most importantly dont stress if u r its not good for u or thebaby just take a deep breathe and relax. 

ashesleigh
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I have three step son a son and another one on the way. a couple friend of ours comes over and asked us how we do it. their well mannered and listen. i couldnt help but to laugh. they are brothers they fight and get easily annoyed at each other but for the most part are well behaved. i do get frustrated at times but i believe siblings boys or girls are gonna fight. due to the current ypungests adjustment disorder we have a flexible schedule that seems to help all of them. there are moments where it gets difficult but its worth it.
Children to me are a blessing. hubby and i were estatic when we found out we were prgenant. secretely wanted a girl but another boy was on the books so to speak. dont be nervous. Kids are kids they will fight but also help each other when you least expect it. congrats
devilbabie
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:15 AM

angiejones256, kids close in age have pros and cons, two is tough but three more so, they fight like cats and dogs, but they have such a deep bond, mind you mine are 2 years apart, so its a little different than your situation :)

devilbabie
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM

ashesleigh, I  believe I may be destined to have all boys too! :) If that's what I am supposed to have then that's what I am supposed to have :) I am passed the shock now :) I've got a long way to go before I know what I'm having. Congrats by the way :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)