Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Missing my 21st Birthday

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
  • 30 Replies
I won't lie, I'm pretty bummed that I won't be able to enjoy my 21st birthday traditionally. I turn 21 in November, and I'll be 26 weeks. And on top of that, I'm going to breast feed, so I won't even really be able to drink after the fact either. I think I cried more about not being able to drink on my birthday than anything else.
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly? It's not that big of a deal. You'll have the rest of your life to drink legally. My 21st birthday was spent with a 6 month old (whom I was breastfeeding) and I think I went to bed at like 9 pm. Don't sweat it! 

April620
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Wow you sound lame. My 21st was no big deal because I had been drinking for years before that lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I agree.  I had the option to drink and i did not on my 21st bday.   While nursing, i have seen articles that say it is ok to have one beer or one glass of wine while nursing.   I would not want to get falling down drunk no matter the age of child.

roseblossom90
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I was pregnant on my 21st birthday. On top of that it was my wedding day as well. Breastfed my little girl for four months and then told my husband I was going to stop due to health reasons. So, he went out and bought me a big bottle of Smirnoff ice and him a six pack. I didn't drink it right away because something just told me not to. A week later I found out I was pregnant again. My second daughter is 3.5 months old and I am breastfeeding her now so still no drinking for me. Kinda sucks at times but it isn't the end of the world.

brknBelle
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
It's not like I haven't drank before miss "I sound lame" bitch. I actually work in a bar... But it is a milestone birthday that I won't be able to celebrate in a the traditional sense, which I was looking forward to.
k9l1c5
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I was pregnant when I turned 21 too, I didn't think it was a big deal at all.
leslie1989
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Think of the bigger picture, you'll be that much closer to holding your little one. Doesn't mean you can't do something special, like go out to a nice dinner, have some friends over, what about having your baby shower that day (I know you'll still have 14 weeks after) then that will get your mind off the disappointment.
ABZ_O
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
My birthday is also in Nov. I had my 21st about a month and a half after I had my son. I don't drink, but my son had a bottle of breastmilk and his dad a bear. It was sad cause there were big piles of snow everyhwere and couldn't take my son out.
Retrokitty
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Meh I'm 20 and I've been able to drink almost 2 years. I'm like a month older than you I guess. I was pregnant on my 19th birthday I still haven't drank. Just find something else fun you like to do like eating junk food and watching movies or something.
tiniowien
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM

M grandpa died the day before I turned 21, I was also pregnant with the child I lost....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)