Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I hate judgemental childless people?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM
  • 8 Replies

I don't mean every childless people but those ppl who don't have kids and think it's okay to comment or make smart remarks about your parenting, which they know nothing about.

For example, I was at Target this evening around 5 with my near 5 y/o daughter, and she was riding on the bottom part of the shopping cart, laying down . I've seen kids do this all the time, and she knows not to jump out suddenly or have her hands drag on the floor. Anyways these 2 young punks---2 guys about 22---walk by and kind of snicker at me and say "I guess it shows how much she cares about her kid, let the kid just get hurt huh' and they walk off chuckling to each other like they're so cool. i shot them a dirty look and kept on my way. I see a man doing the same thing with his 2 daughters, one younger than my daughter about 3. I see another kid doing this as well, so i know it's not just me.

Don't you hate ppl like this? these guys were grabbing a bunch of "bachelor" stuff 12-packs of beer etc and looked like theyw ere going to party. how dare they comment on parenting!

The other day too another guy about 27 said something to me---this "thuggish" type---i was taking a walk with my daughter and she decided to lay on the grass for a minute of an aprtment compelx's lawn. bc it was hot, and i was tired, too, i just let her and kind of stood there for a minute. The guy walks by and says "dogs come and poop on this grass, you shouldn't let her lie there like that". I just said back 'I know dogs poop on grass, i wasn't born yesterday, and it's hot and I'm tired and don't tell me how to raise my kid". He just gve me a strange look and shook his head and kept walking.

Do you ever have encoutners like this? What do you say or do? Does it irritate you too? or you don't care?

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
villagemamma
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:26 AM

I have never had a stranger approach me or make some rude comment like that. But honestly though i wouldnt consider myself a "bitch" i definitely dont give off that "come and give me your advise or opinion vibe"lol

I have a lot of issue with my younger sister telling me what i should or shouldnt be doing with my child even though she has no kids. that kind ticks me off. I am usually pretty straight forward with her about how much i take her opinion to heart :P

txlmr
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:33 AM

My brother lives with us and one of his good friends stays over a lot.  I'm not one to be shy in my own home, especially when it comes to feeding my baby.  I swear if he tells me he "can't wait til you get that baby off your damn titty" or insinuates that I'm hurting my child by not giving her formula one more time, I'm gonna scream.  I don't think I need advice on how to raise my 9 month old baby from a single 21 y/o boy with mommy issues.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I just pop off "I have been her mom and parent for 5 years. How long have you been a parent if at all?" Then they start telling me they are sorry. I know my child and I raise her just find. If she wants to be a 5 year old kid and play and not have to be a little adult I have fine with that.

Just because you have a kid doesn't mean you have to make them lil adults. I am sorry you have to deal with people like that. You are a great mom so keep up what you are doing. It sounds like you are keeping her safe that all it matters.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM

LOL I think I give off this same vibe... no one ever says anything to me.

Quoting villagemamma:

I have never had a stranger approach me or make some rude comment like that. But honestly though i wouldnt consider myself a "bitch" i definitely dont give off that "come and give me your advise or opinion vibe"lol

I have a lot of issue with my younger sister telling me what i should or shouldnt be doing with my child even though she has no kids. that kind ticks me off. I am usually pretty straight forward with her about how much i take her opinion to heart :P

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Only comments I get is about Bering a"teen" mom. It makes me laugh cause I'm 30 in 2 months time. Sure I look young but whatever. Lol

In all honesty though I would never let my kids ride under the cart or in the cart basket, its not safe at all. And anywhere around here staff is obligated to tell you not let your child do that for safety reasons.

But whatever, what people do with their own kids is no ones business.
Liudmyla
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I don't pay much attention to strangers telling me what to do with my kids.  I don't even turn my head in their direction. But if I ever get face to face comment, I just smile and say "Sorry, I don't speak english" lol.

sumannie
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I get that from my in laws who have had kids and they didn't do any better than me. I hate it I want to bitch them out but don't and that bc we live with them.

igotheart
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Not going to lie I would probably look at a mother funny if I saw her kid laying on the bottom of cart too.. I've never seen anyone do that & definitely wouldn't let my daughter do it either. Seems dangerous. But yea i wouldn't say anything.. Not my business or problem *shrug
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN