Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Andometriosis

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 15 Replies

I just had surgery done yesterday to test for endometriosis. It turns out they don't think I have it but my doctor did remove a cyst and one that had popped and all the fluid behind my uterus from the cyst that popped. He was telling me about the surgery during my recovery. I was still very out of it. He told me that they believe that I have andometrisos but they won't know until they do a hsterectomy and test it which won't happen for a long time.

I have a follow up appointment in 2 weeks and I won't be able to talk to any of the doctors until next week until its an emergency. I keep getting mixed answers on google. I'm 21 and most of the info I fine is for women over 35. I just want to know if anyone else went through this or if it'll effect me having children in the future.

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I don't understand how you have to have a hysterectomy for them to tell if you have endometriosis? That doesn't sound right to me. A hysterectomy is the same as getting your tubes tied, so yes it would affect you having kids in the future. I would get a second opinion.

Allebas
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Umm--I have endometriosis. I had a laparoscopy when I was 22-years-old. They 'zapped' the endometriosis away with a laser. I was able to have 5 children without any problems.

IDK why they are saying you have to have a hysterectomy to find out if you have endometriosis. Once you have a hysterectomy, you cannot have children ever! I would talk to your Dr. again to make sure you really understand 'what' they were telling you! If they still say you have to have a hysterectomy to find out if you have endometriosis, I would be finding a NEW Dr. asap! That is NOT how they find out. They will do a hysterectomy to end the symptoms, but only once you are done having children! GOOD LUCK!!

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:26 PM
I'm confused. What's andometriosis? Endometriosis? Adenomyosis?
Izzyblack
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Quoting k9l1c5:

I don't understand how you have to have a hysterectomy for them to tell if you have endometriosis? That doesn't sound right to me. A hysterectomy is the same as getting your tubes tied, so yes it would affect you having kids in the future. I would get a second opinion.

Andomertiosis isn't the same as endomertriosis. The cure for it is a hysterectomy and then they are able to full test it. They can't just cut you open and take a piece out like endo because it's inside of the linning or whatever. I wasn't wondering if a hysterectomy would effect me having kids but the condition they think I have. As of now, my doctor told my SO that it's a 90% chance I have it from the look and feel of my uterus and they're doing a biopsy but that still won't give tell me 100% if that is what I have.

Izzyblack
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Quoting Courtney610:

I'm confused. What's andometriosis? Endometriosis? Adenomyosis?

Andometriosis is like endo but they effect different parts of the uterus. It causes my uterus to be soft and boggy.

Izzyblack
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Quoting Allebas:

Umm--I have endometriosis. I had a laparoscopy when I was 22-years-old. They 'zapped' the endometriosis away with a laser. I was able to have 5 children without any problems.

IDK why they are saying you have to have a hysterectomy to find out if you have endometriosis. Once you have a hysterectomy, you cannot have children ever! I would talk to your Dr. again to make sure you really understand 'what' they were telling you! If they still say you have to have a hysterectomy to find out if you have endometriosis, I would be finding a NEW Dr. asap! That is NOT how they find out. They will do a hysterectomy to end the symptoms, but only once you are done having children! GOOD LUCK!!

I don't have endometrsiosis. That's what they were testing for. It turned out I had a cyst and a cyst that ruptured and I had fluid from it behind my uterus but they also believe I have andometriosis from the way my uterus looked and felt.

Allebas
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Quoting Izzyblack:

Quoting Allebas:

I don't have endometrsiosis. That's what they were testing for. It turned out I had a cyst and a cyst that ruptured and I had fluid from it behind my uterus but they also believe I have andometriosis from the way my uterus looked and felt.

I believe what they think you have is called Adenomyosis. I googled it. It says the only cure for adenomyosis is a hysterectomy.

Izzyblack
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:55 PM

It might have been that one. I know they're all pretty similar. I know it's not endo though.

Quoting Allebas:

Quoting Izzyblack:

Quoting Allebas:

I believe what they think you have is called Adenomyosis. I googled it. It says the only cure for adenomyosis is a hysterectomy.

ashesleigh
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I had similar issues due to mirena. We removed it in feb of 2012 and got pregnant in dec of 2012. Im current 32 weeks pregnant. this pregnancy was is harder than my first but im proof of babies after what u went through.
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Sorry, I thought you were talking about endo since thats what it said in the body of your post.

Quoting Izzyblack:

Quoting k9l1c5:

Andomertiosis isn't the same as endomertriosis. The cure for it is a hysterectomy and then they are able to full test it. They can't just cut you open and take a piece out like endo because it's inside of the linning or whatever. I wasn't wondering if a hysterectomy would effect me having kids but the condition they think I have. As of now, my doctor told my SO that it's a 90% chance I have it from the look and feel of my uterus and they're doing a biopsy but that still won't give tell me 100% if that is what I have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)