Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

apparently i shouldnt care

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:57 AM
  • 7 Replies
Yesterday my stepkids mom was starting drama with hubby. today she started in on him about me. The oldest called her to remind her to pack his meds. they are taking a vacation to florida for a week. well he told her what he needed her to remember then where it was. he was in the kitchen and since he doesnt like strawberries i was making him banana muffins. i hear her ask what that sound was and he told her that i was making him banana muffins and how much he.likes them. well i hear her mutter under her breath then ask him why i was making banana muffins. he explained his brothers like strawberries he dont so when he couldnt think of a desert for today i made him muffins. he even told her it wasnt a big deal. he told her that i enjoy making stuff like that for them and do it all the time. i heard her let her tire out then ask to speak to their father. mind you the phone is not on speaker and i shouldnt be able to hear here raising her voice asking him those questions. hubby rolls his eyes and takes the phone from him. as nice as possible he acts her whats up. she starts screaming at him that i shouldnt be baking anything for them because she cant and that if it were up to her wed buy store bought. as calmly as possible hubby tells her to stop.yelling and explains to her that weve taken the boys to a nutrtionist and since then the nine year old has not been gaining ten pounds a month. he explains to her that as much as she doesnt like hes not going to divorce me or send me awat while the boys are there. He also said if i dont have a right to help.the boys with cooking cleaning or providing for them while they are in his care then her husband doesnt. she screamed that im trying to replace her in the boys lives. He laughed and told her that ive made it more than clear thT im not trying to be their mom. they have a mom and i could never do that to her. she sighed and told him that its hard on her when the boys come home saying ive baked this or i made tgem blankets or i taught them a new way to do something. she also said i shouldnt care enough to do those things because she cant. hubby polietly reminded her that i am his wife not her. and that she remarried first and her jealousy is going to have to stop because the youngest one is giving attitude because of her attitude towards me. she appologized and asked him if i can not be here when she comes to pick up the boys tommorrow. he told her that its my house too and he couldnt ask his 8 1/2 month pregnant wife to leave because his ex wife is jealous. she hung up on him and text him she understood but its hard to see what i have. he didnt text back.
I have never been anything but nice to her. i hold my tongue and dont say anything negative about her. lord only knows if i think the boys arnt listening and they are. Im friendly to her and even explained that if i gave her a dirty look when she dropped the boys.off that was only because im in pain. ive defended hervwhen hubby gets on her case about the amount of dast food and frozen food they eat. ive defended almost everything she does. Im honestly hurt but understand at the same time. hubby told me three years ago she separated from her husband and tried to get back with hubby but he wouldnt go for it. ive tried and tried and i know she wants another child and cant have one. but how is it my fault that i love those boys enough to bake and cook and clean and talk their problems.out with them? I make it more than clwar that when it comws to switching weekends or switching custody to them living here full time that is something for their mom and dad to discuss. they know theres a very fine line i walk to make sure no boundaries are being crossed. i just wish she didnt feel like i was trying to be their mom. im doing the best i xan to keep everyone happy but it seems like shes crossing that line of standing to close to hubby when shes here and making juvenile comments. im trying and im not suee why her telling.hubby i shouldnt care hurts so much.
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MissMandaz
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Women are fueled by their emotions... So I honestly wouldn't care about her opinion!! You sound like an awesome person and she just wants to be you!!
CJsMommy622
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Why can't she cook food??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:29 AM

She is just totally jealous of you. You have her ex, who she obviously wants back since she tried to get back with him before. You are having a baby and she wants another one. You can cook and bake and she can't... I would try to continue to let all of this roll off your back. Maybe one day she will grow up and realize that at least her boys are in the care of a good woman when they are not with her instead of a different woman who couldn't give two shits about them. I think you're doing a great job momma :).

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I think you are doing so much better than she is doing. You are going to be a great mom when your baby is here. You have showed your husband a wonderful example that his ex didn't. :) You keep baking those boys what ever you want.

Why can't she do some of the things you do?

ashesleigh
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Quoting mama2b100808:

I think you are doing so much better than she is doing. You are going to be a great mom when your baby is here. You have showed your husband a wonderful example that his ex didn't. :) You keep baking those boys what ever you want.

Why can't she do some of the things you do?

she never took time to learn to cook or bake and seems to have different priorities than i do. she was 17 when she got pregnant with her first i was 19. The best way i can explain her mentality is that of a teenager still. she has the money to go buy fast food frozen meals every meal. we just dont and personally i love cooking and cleaning and taking care of my family. what she doesnt realize is that some of things i cook is ready start to finish on average of 20 mins or less. for instance leftover ham into delux mac and cheese with brocoli. Less than ten mins and we didnt have leftovers. my hubby said it best some women are just meant to be moms and some need help.
emeraldangel20
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:34 AM
2 moms liked this
bitch sounds crazy. I'd send some muffins home with the boys just to irritate her more lol
txlmr
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:02 AM

She's just jealous because she wants your life.  You're the kind of mom she wishes she could be with the man she wishes she still had.  When my fiance and I first got together and I was meeting his then 23 month old girl (she'll be 4 in Sept!) for the first time, his ex made it a point to let us both know "I'm with so and so now just so you know".  We didn't care then, and didn't realize until 2 months later that the name of the guy changed (as did his race, age, and occupation over the next year).  Now that she's moved my fiance's daughter in with a new man (who is supposed to become her step dad), we care.  She won't let my SO to meet him though... ugh. 

In the end, your hubby's ex just needs to grow up.  Seems like a lot of them do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)