Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

SAHM clean your dam house!!!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 116 Replies
7 moms liked this

So maby i am a little old fashioned or something but it pisses me off when a SAHM doesn't clean the house because that is not her job, her job is to "just take care of the kids". Well who's job is it then? My husband's that works his butt off at work everyday to provide for me and the fam? I dont think so!! He does the outdoor work and helps with the kids because they are his to but for the most part i do EVERYTHING inside. Yes i still spend plenty of time with my kids (2 under 2 and bf'ing) but they do have alone time and naptime that i work with, my older one also helps out. Just went to my sis-in-laws and her house was a disaster well guess what she does all day while "just taking care of the kids" she is the computer or watching tv alot of the time. IT IS NOT THAT DANG HARD TO CLEAN A LITTLE BIT A DAY!!!!! Who else agrees this job should be for you vs hubbs (if a SAHM) working moms have it different so i think chores should be done different then. 

BTW: I am not talking about dishes and some toys lying around kinda clean (i always have toys lying around and my house is not perfect) but pure nastiness. 

EDIT: For the people that say i shouldnt care and it's none of my bussiness how nasty a house is, well think about there children it is to the point that i have thought about calling CPS so yes it is my bussiness if kids suffer because of someone being lazy

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Btw i understand there are special circumstances to where you cant always (special needs, huge family, illness ect)

rockinmomto2
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM
13 moms liked this

I think a SAHM's job is whatever was discussed between her and her spouse/SO/partner/whatever. It's definitely not my place to judge someone else's living situation.

joshsgirl12
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I stay at home and my house is clean besides a toy here or there. Its not that hard.
Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM

ya my house isn't perfect either for sure but it's not nasty (my sis-in law had dirty diapers laying around, still had'nt cleaned up breakfast and it was 6 pm) and crap everywhere it's like this all the time

Quoting joshsgirl12:

I agree. I stay at home and my house is clean besides a toy here or there. Its not that hard.

maddiesmommy5
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

This 100%

Quoting rockinmomto2:

I think a SAHM's job is whatever was discussed between her and her spouse/SO/partner/whatever. It's definitely not my place to judge someone else's living situation.

CafeMom Tickers
joshsgirl12
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM
eew thats nasty, iI cant stand dirty dishes or stuff laying around.

Quoting Indy3000:

ya my house isn't perfect either for sure but it's not nasty (my sis-in law had dirty diapers laying around, still had'nt cleaned up breakfast and it was 6 pm) and crap everywhere it's like this all the time

Quoting joshsgirl12:

Chunkymunkey922
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM
3 moms liked this
I.think the house should be clean regardless of who works or doesnt... It's not that hard to keep a house picked up.
AnaFulghum
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree if you have nothing else to do, taking care of the kids includes keeping a clean and safe enviroment for them.

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM
3 moms liked this

I should do this in a confession but instead since it applies I will do it here.  I will not go to someones house if it's nasty.  Period.  I don't care what they do for a living.  Stay at home, work, I don't care.  No excuse for nastiness except laziness.  I am a stay at home mom and my kids clean just like I do.  They have chores and they have to clean up their own messes.  I think having dirty diapers laying around is disgusting.  I have 5 kids and another on the way so for us to keep our house clean we all have to work together.  I taught them all how to clean at an early age by example and by teaching hands on.  I don't mind "messes", toys and a few dishes, things like that.  But I refuse to live in filth and I refuse to let my children believe living in filth is okay.  My mom never cleaned.  Thankfully my grandma did and she taught me how to not be nasty. 

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)