Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

In-laws, need I say more?!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

So, my inlaws constantly rely on my husband and I, mostly financially and with my husband's 12 year old nephe-he's staying out til 11:30 at night, on Facebook til 2AM, then my mil calles and says, go find him, I'm mad, worried. So, we get our children in the car, and search for this 12 year old boy. We find him and take him home, but he has NO reprocutions! He gets in NO trouble! I am so pissed off about this as I type it's not funny!!! How do we handle it? My inlaws have had him since birth, and his mother is currently incarcerated, and his father has nothing to do with him, so my husband and I feel that the only stable family figures we have is our family (my husband, me and our kids) What can we do? I feel so lost!

frustrated

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TempestRayne
by Donna on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Tell them to find him themselves or turn the boy over to you.
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I would be pissed, and it is putting you guys in a horrible spot. You can't really not do it because if something happened then you would feel horrible, and you can't punish him because you're not his caregivers. I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I totally agree. But you are his aunt and uncle maybe a little convo with him might help. But I think you two need to talk to your husband's parents with this. 

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

I would be pissed, and it is putting you guys in a horrible spot. You can't really not do it because if something happened then you would feel horrible, and you can't punish him because you're not his caregivers. I'm sorry.

AnaFulghum
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Thanks  ya'll. I am pissed, and we've tried to talk to them, and turns out, they let him go to the skate park tonight. I told my husband, they need to look for him if he's out past curfew....shrugging

rozenshyao
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

You should talk to them about this, seriously. You need to let them know how you feel, and that if they cannot parent this child, they need to find someone who will, unless you're willing to take him in and raise him as your own. 

I hope things gets better for you ASAP. 

ashesleigh
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Talk to them and to your husband. maybe he can help with a solution
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)