Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

bi-racial children...

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:26 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hi, my daughter is 3 years old and is a mix of hispanic and african-american. I believe she is the most beautiful blessing in the world. But, I've noticed that many people give me strange looks and their children tend to look at my daughter weird because she has way more hair than a normal adult woman would have. I personally don't care what people think, I'm more concerned on how she will be treated once she goes to kindergarten. I was just wondering if anyone else goes through the same thing and how they handle it.

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShireeCS
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
My nephew is biracial black and Hispanic We never had many people look at him strange when he was a baby. My nephew has not had any problems in school due to him being mixed and I'm sure they are looking and thinking how cute she is with all that hair
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:05 AM

She will be loved by the staff and her classmates.  Our school is very diverse so that combo would not be uncommon for children.  

coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Find a diverse school. With so many "mixed" kids and families its becoming the norm, and will be even more when the little ones are older.
da808gypsy
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:49 AM

I think it depends on where you are my son doesn't get weird looks but I live in a very diverse place. (hawaii) I'm mixed and my husband is white/Russian and my son came out super light skinned with dark hair.
ittyprincess604
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I just had my mixed baby, she's almost 3 weeks so I haven't experienced anything bad yet. I've had alot of family comment about how dark she came out (I have a mixed cousin and my dd is much darker, they expected her to look the same for some reason). They'll say she doesn't look white at all. But then DHs family says she doesn't look black at all. (First biracial baby on his side). Nothing mean yet or anything, just annoying.
ittyprincess604
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:15 AM
6 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

My princess :)
SpnFulOfSugar
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Just curious but where do you live?
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I haven't experienced anything negative yet. I'll have people ask me what he's mixed with or tell me he's so cute, that they love his curly hair, etc. 

threat
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM
When i lived in Indiana my daughter got picked on a lot because of her color. Theirs a lot of arrogant people there but since we moved to California no one has said anything negative towards my kids.
MommyMartinie
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM

My daughter is greek, mexican, and white. Sometimes I feel liek people look at me weird when it's just me and her because I have grey eyes and medium brown hair and my daughter has black hair and brown eyes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN