Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

how often do u have adult house guests

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:52 PM
  • 16 Replies
Last night we had dinner guests. hubbys best friend his wife and son. He asked me ahead of time so it wasnt thrown on me. normally hubby bf comes over once a eeek to hang out and drink. before hubby started drinking he asked if she wamted him to take them home because they were gonna start drinking and i dont drive after dark. time passes and it turns dark and i asked hubby if he asked them if they wanted to just stay the night because of how late it was. they end up staying the night. lately i havnt been able to go to sleep before 5 am and wake up before 2 pm. today i got up about 5 pm and hubby had taken them home.
due to the fact that it wasnt planned for them to stay the night. should i be worried i didnt get up with them? How often do u have adult guests?
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erin708
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I don't have anyone stay over. I do stay at my sil house frequently. I don't expect them to get up with us. But my bil is always up before everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:09 PM

DH has friends over all the time and they are always welcome to stay. sometimes they wake up at the crack of dawn. if they are still sleeping when i wake up, ill make everyone breakfast. ive never had anyone wake up and just hang out though... they were weird, not you. you didnt expect them to be there, so you didnt know to wake up.

coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Never, but if I did they sure aren't staying with me!
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:06 AM

We do have guest sometimes but none that stay the night. Most of our guest live by. But we don't drink unless my daughter is asleep. That is my rule. My husband has maybe one or two to relax then when she is asleep he will drink another two. But for me I don't do it unless she is asleep just to relax so I can sleep. :) but if your guest does that again tell them to make sure they ask u to stay over before they drink.

Chunkymunkey922
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Nah I wouldn't be worried. I have friends that will come over and have a few drinks and crash on the couch (one does a lot in the summer bc her house doesn't have ac lol). Sometimes they leave before I wake up. Usually dd runs into the living room at 7am and pounces them.
TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM

rarely & when i do its either my mom, or mil. im in bed as soon as dd is asleep & up when the kids get up so there isnt an issue of not being up when guests get up

erinf28
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM

We used to have people stay over more often then I would have liked because we had an extra bedroom with a bed (husband doesn't know how to say no to people and his friends are irresponsible drinkers) and I am never aware that they are staying until I'm getting ready for bed when they say "by the way, so and so is staying over). But now that we have number 2 on the way we put the bed in the unfinished part of the basement hoping that no one wants to be down there and it has worked! but I never woke up with them if they had to be up really early. I just told them they have to be quiet and if they woke up my daughter there would be hell to pay lol. I really only allow others to stay if they have a long drive home, and none of them live farther than 20 minutes.

lovemymini
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I've had 2, both for 6 months at a time.  They were both background check before they came to stay with us though.  

kimmaylove013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I down get up with them if people stay over tho alot of times I'm up because of the kids.

we don't have people stay too often

Dibsy
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:19 PM
We occasionally have guests stay the night. My husband's best friend sometimes stays if he drinks a tad too much, but he generally wakes up super early and leaves before we get up. My husband's family and my aunt and uncle have stayed also and I do try and get up with them, I'm a light sleeper anyway so if I hear them moving around I get up. Make coffee, breakfast if I have eggs. That's just me though, because that's how I saw my grandmother and mother act when they had house guests. I was trained early I guess.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)