Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

car seat help

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:28 AM
KT
  • 20 Replies
My dd is in a convertible car seat ff. She is 2.5 not sure her height and weight but it doesn't really matter for the question lol. She keeps telling me that the belt is hurting her who-ha. How tight should it be between her legs?
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cupcake_mom
by KT on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Bump
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM

shouldn't be that tight if it is hurting her who- ha. Just loose it up a bit.

cupcake_mom
by KT on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM
To me it didn't seem like it was that tight. The shoulder straps are correct. To loosen the middle strap i would have to loosen the shoulder straps

Quoting mama2b100808:

gdsTX
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Have you moved the buckle forward, yet? My son will sometimes complain about it hurting, but it doesn't hurt him anymore since I moved the buckle.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM

hmmm I don't know. Do you think she is getting tall? Idk My daughter was out of a car seat at the age of 3 because of how tall and her weight. I would see if ur hand get between the strap and her and see if it is to tight but if u can I don't think it would be to tight. 

Quoting cupcake_mom:

To me it didn't seem like it was that tight. The shoulder straps are correct. To loosen the middle strap i would have to loosen the shoulder straps

Quoting mama2b100808:

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Not all seats have the option to move that buckle up. Mine does not. lol

Quoting gdsTX:

Have you moved the buckle forward, yet? My son will sometimes complain about it hurting, but it doesn't hurt him anymore since I moved the buckle.

ShireeCS
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM
If you are unable to move the buckle forward I would see about getting her a new seat where you can
erin708
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM
If u can't move the buckle look into the boster seat with a five point harness. Of course if she meets the requirements.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM

What seat is she in? If you can't move a buckle then it is time for a new seat. Don't loosen the straps to make that area looser, she needs a seat with a few different buckle positions.

cupcake_mom
by KT on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM
We have one that the buckle can move but i don't want to move it with out knowing how far is to far away from her crotch

Quoting k9l1c5:

What seat is she in? If you can't move a buckle then it is time for a new seat. Don't loosen the straps to make that area looser, she needs a seat with a few different buckle positions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)