Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How did you acquire your home decor?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm always interested In this. My families houses are always so decorated but yet my home is always bare. Do you go out and get decor you like little by little? Just happen to spot it? Or is it given to you?
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grassygreen
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Ugh, my home is so bare too. We just moved in like 8 months ago. We are so cheap though lol, we hate spending money if we don't have to so I never want to go shopping. We have picked a few things up here and there at tag sales. I figure we have a lifetime to fill it up :)
sprinkles9112
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:20 PM

A nice handful of what we have is from my bridal shower. Since we had been living together and had a lot of what we "needed" I put stuff like mirrors, frames, curtains, vases, and the lot on our registry- all Target, so it wasn't outrageously priced. 

Some of it I've made and some of it has been given to me because someone else didn't want it. 

CafeMom Tickers
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Ours is pretty bare. But I have been buying stuff here and there when I find it.

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Lots of stores, and I love family pictures in nice frames
kellysparkles
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:57 PM

A lot of it I've bought myself just based on what it is and if I like it.  We don't really have a theme, though.  I love paintings, so we have a few paintings.  Our hallway is lined with collage frames full of our families. 

goddiddlyumshis
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Bought it. Lol
Some my mom bought while on trips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dibsy
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM
We have a few things given to us by DH's family, but most of it I saw and liked somewhere and bought on a whim. A lot of things I make too, some signs in the bathroom/ laundry room, some things for the backyard I pieces together with stuff we have laying around I haven't gotten around to putting up yet. I like my house to feel lived in.
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:00 PM
A lot of our furnishings and appliances came from my in-laws downsizing their home at the same time we bought our home. Over the past 4 years, we've been replacing things as needed with things that are more our style.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:13 PM
We bought most of our things. DH and I both lived separate before we moved in with each other, so we were able to buy things little by little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chunkymunkey922
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:25 PM
It's mixture. My bedroom fruniture and dining room table i inherited. Some of the other fruniture was given to me by family. Most od the "stuff" I just randomly buy as I find stuff I like.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)