Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Tell me what you think.

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 21 Replies

Okay ladies, This has been bugging me all day long. Truly it has. I took my daughter to the library today. They have a reading program during the summer so I entered her so I could read to her more. Well while we was there showing how much we have read, my daughter picked up a little mask or something and was asking what it was before I could answer one of the librarians got on to her while I am standing right there. (she got nerves to do it while I am standing there) but being that I am on my monthly I try to hold my temper back. 

Do you think I should have said something? My daughter will be going to preschool next month and I know she will get in trouble when I am not around but I think it is a different story if I am standing right there. 

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I think you are over reacting.

mom2b1226
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM

What did the librarian say to her? She may have thought that she was just being helpful if you were busy turning in books?

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM

She said "Brianna, You know better than to touch things on the desk." but it was in a tone that wasn't to nice. I was also standing by my daughter about to answer her what the mask was, but before I could open my mouth the librarian got on to her. 

Quoting mom2b1226:

What did the librarian say to her? She may have thought that she was just being helpful if you were busy turning in books?

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Please tell me how I am over reacting. She is my only child. No one has ever gotten onto her but her daddy and myself. So she isn't use to it. My daughter asked me why the librarian was so mean to her. 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I think you are over reacting.

sumannie
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that it was a little mean with the tone. I think that with the parents right there that they should let the parents handle the situtation. Like the person tells the parent the problem and let the parent handle it instead but that me. I hope I made sense there lol. I don't think you are overreacting. I get all the time how I over think things with my kids when it comes to things I'm like what? lol

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! I totally understand what you are saying. :) 

Quoting sumannie:

I think that it was a little mean with the tone. I think that with the parents right there that they should let the parents handle the situtation. Like the person tells the parent the problem and let the parent handle it instead but that me. I hope I made sense there lol. I don't think you are overreacting. I get all the time how I over think things with my kids when it comes to things I'm like what? lol

sumannie
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM

You're welcome!! I get that all the time with the inlaws! The kids do something and they try to get onto them and everything and I'm like I'm right here hello! If I'm out of the room or something I don't mind it too much but still they could at least let me know right! But I know what you mean.(=

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting sumannie:

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah totally. My inlaws usually just look at me to see if they can get on to her and if I am standing there and see or heard what she did I get on to her but I usually don't have to worry about her. I know I have to get use to her getting in trouble at school, Idk it just bugged me. LOL But I am calming down now I guess just had to get it off my chest. 

Quoting sumannie:

You're welcome!! I get that all the time with the inlaws! The kids do something and they try to get onto them and everything and I'm like I'm right here hello! If I'm out of the room or something I don't mind it too much but still they could at least let me know right! But I know what you mean.(=

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting sumannie:

sumannie
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Lol. My inlaws don't even look at me they just butt right in without a thought. I think that my kids might get into trouble a lot at school but thats another 2 years away.

Quoting mama2b100808:

Yeah totally. My inlaws usually just look at me to see if they can get on to her and if I am standing there and see or heard what she did I get on to her but I usually don't have to worry about her. I know I have to get use to her getting in trouble at school, Idk it just bugged me. LOL But I am calming down now I guess just had to get it off my chest. 

Quoting sumannie:

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting sumannie:

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM

My inlaws don't even give her candy without my say so. LOL Yeah I know my girl is excited for school. I know I am. :) 

Quoting sumannie:

Lol. My inlaws don't even look at me they just butt right in without a thought. I think that my kids might get into trouble a lot at school but thats another 2 years away.

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting sumannie:

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting sumannie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)