Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Would this Be A Decent Gift?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

My parents have been hounding us for awhile now to get pictures (professionally done) of us and little man together. We have some, but they're hanging up on our walls right now. 

My stepfather's birthday is coming up at the end of this month. We can't really afford professional pictures until the middle of August since we have bills and because the photographer we normally use is completely booked for the rest of July. 

I want to set up a family shoot, including my parents, to get some shots of them and little man together since we don't have any with him and his grandparents. My parents aren't big on pictures simply because they don't like the idea of dressing up. I'm going to ask my mom and let her know since we're going to be paying for the photo session if they'd be able to show up so we can get some pictures of all of us together and I don't care how they're dressed. 

Do you think it'd be a good gift though? :( My parents are sooooooooooooo extremely picky that it's not even funny. Plus, they've been bothering us to get pictures for them and this would be a perfect idea. Is it truly good enough though? :( 

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBaby1913
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:35 AM

I think so. My mom asked me one year to get a pictures professional done of my sister my brother and i she wanted her childrens photographs and she was soo happy when she got them :)) They werent professional since we didnt have the money but she was happy just to have a pictures of us that looked professional :) My mom is now a gma to my child and she asked this year for a picture of her so I've gotten pictures with her and the baby me and the baby just the baby and me the baby and the babies father, She loves them :) Photographs are always good gifts in my opinion :)) Also a thoughtful gift!!

LoveMyBaby1913
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:37 AM
1 mom liked this

u could also make a scrapbook with some of the pictures u take for a later time/gift for your parents, if your crafty :)

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:38 AM
My parents would LOVE that.
raye-chan
by Raye on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:39 AM
I would but my parents are the type that if it can't be hung on the wall, they throw it out :(

I really hope they like it simply because they're just so picky about things >.< Dante is their first grandson (second grand baby though lol) so i hope that my dad likes it.

Quoting LoveMyBaby1913:

u could also make a scrapbook with some of the pictures u take for a later time/gift for your parents, if your crafty :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:41 AM
The rest of our family says it's a lovely idea. My parents are usually the type that doesn't really appreciate or like those kinds of things.

I hope they love it though. I really do!

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

My parents would LOVE that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrossStitchMum
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:45 AM

I gave all the parents and grandparents a framed photo of our kids that we'd taken ourselves, for Christmas this last year and they all loved it!! so yeah I think its a great present :)

raye-chan
by Raye on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:48 AM
I hope so!

My mom can pick out whatever frame she wants lol she's a little ocd about having certain ones. I just would love for a couple shots of us and them and some of them with little man. :)

If not, we'll still do the photo session. I'll just have to find something better for my dad if they say no lol

Quoting CrossStitchMum:

I gave all the parents and grandparents a framed photo of our kids that we'd taken ourselves, for Christmas this last year and they all loved it!! so yeah I think its a great present :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBaby1913
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Awwww well i hope they love the gift and thought u put into it as much as we all think they will :))

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM

It sounds like a good gift to me :).

caseysmommy8911
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I think pictures are the best gifts thats what all my parents and dh parents get for xmas and they all love them. Life isnt about gifts if they give you grief i wouldnt do anything ever again. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)