Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Epidural, Spinal Block or Nothing

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:55 AM
  • 99 Replies

I'm just super curious, I just have to ask, when you had your kids vaginally did you do an Epidural or Spinal tap? I'm just wondering if I am the only one that was too scared of the needle going into my spine!? I am such a baby when it comes to needles! I still flinch when they put an IV in my arm with full blown contractions going on! I am not trying to bash anyone that did, I'm not saying you're a bad mother because you decided to use something for the excruciating pain caused from child birth. I'm just curious like I said before. I would really like to know your story.I had 3 beautiful boys and each time I just couldn't do it, my first 2 delivaries I got half way through and wanted Demiral witch didn't help me at ALL by that point! But my third was way too quick for anything!
Melanie A.K.A. ~devilbabie~

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chunkymunkey922
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I had dd with a midwife in a birthing center so pain meds werent even an option. Once I got into the birthing tub it made a HUGE difference in the pain (I mean it still sucked, but it made it bareable)
devilbabie
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I have always thought water births were cool, I am seriously thinking about trying it... I've always just done it the normal old fashioned way :)

Quoting Chunkymunkey922:

I had dd with a midwife in a birthing center so pain meds werent even an option. Once I got into the birthing tub it made a HUGE difference in the pain (I mean it still sucked, but it made it bareable)

erinf28
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I had an epidural and I am TERRIFIED of needles. The good part is that you don't see it, and once you're numb, you forget there is more happening. I tell others that if I can do it, anyone can. I'll be scared getting it a second time, but do it once, might as well do it again.

Chunkymunkey922
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM
It really was nice. I had pure back labor. So sitting, laying, anythig really was miserable. I got in the tub and curled up on my side in a ball with my nose out of the water and stayed in that position until it was time to push lol

Quoting devilbabie:

I have always thought water births were cool, I am seriously thinking about trying it... I've always just done it the normal old fashioned way :)

Quoting Chunkymunkey922:

ChancesMommy07
by Jessica on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I had both of my kids with zero pain meds.

cLanief
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
My first was supposed to be vaginal and I got an epi... I made them lay me down to put it in for some reason.. . Which was good... I had my first contraction and passed out at the same time they stuck the needle in. Lmfao bahahaha
heathermarie23
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I had 3 with no pain meds.  I felt the possible side effects of pain relief weren't worth it.  I wouldn't consider any of my labor and delivery experiences horrible.

AmericanChild82
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Dd had the epi and a csection. Ds had the spinal block and that to ended in a csection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devilbabie
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I had pure back labor as well, all 3 times.

Quoting Chunkymunkey922:

It really was nice. I had pure back labor. So sitting, laying, anythig really was miserable. I got in the tub and curled up on my side in a ball with my nose out of the water and stayed in that position until it was time to push lol

Quoting devilbabie:

Quoting Chunkymunkey922:

TempestRayne
by Donna on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I have had four babies. Two with epidurals, two without. The two epidural deliveries were amazing. Very calm, relaxed affairs. The two without were much more dramatic because they ended up being precipitous labor, very intense, very scary.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)