Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Hello California

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 28 Replies

My husband, three kids and I will be moving to California within the next few months! We haven't found a place yet, but these are the areas we are looking at:

-Cerritos

-Los Alamitos

-Seal Beach

-Rossmoor

-Long Beach

Are there any moms in these areas that could tell me about the place? I heard that the Los Alamitos School District is known as the best, is that true? Are there any mommy group that I can join to meet local moms and set up play dates?

Thanks!

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KellyRJ
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Bump

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Bump, I live in PA.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Good luck in finding a place. I live far away from there so I am not help. 

katieGrace
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Hi! I'm in long beach CA. All the areas you speak of are nice! Los Alamitos is known as the best school district in orange county. I guess it depends on what you're looking for really. We love Belmont heights in long beach because there's so much more culture than seal beach or los alamitos but it's still very nice. Honestly, the bottom four on your list are all similar neighborhoods. Good luck with the move! Feel free to friend request me! How old are your little ones?
ShireeCS
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Good luck finding a place
katieGrace
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Oh, and where are you guys now?
SaraGagnon89
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

im sara i live near fresno ca which isnt really near any of those places but i hear long beach is nice

KellyRJ
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Do you know if Belmont heights is apart of Los Alamitos school district? I read on the schools websites they only take students from some parts of Long Beach...

We are moving from Ohio! So its a big move. My boys are 7 and 6 years old and my daugther is 3 years old.

Quoting katieGrace:

Hi! I'm in long beach CA. All the areas you speak of are nice! Los Alamitos is known as the best school district in orange county. I guess it depends on what you're looking for really. We love Belmont heights in long beach because there's so much more culture than seal beach or los alamitos but it's still very nice. Honestly, the bottom four on your list are all similar neighborhoods. Good luck with the move! Feel free to friend request me! How old are your little ones?

To_the_moon
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Just curious but why California? The cost of living out here especially in the areas you're looking in is ridiculous. I live in California and cannot wait to be able to get out.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
KellyRJ
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM

My husband is being movied out there for work. And yes, the cost of living is much more than it in here in Ohio, but we both have been to California many times and we just LOVE it! The weather, the people the areas we have been to. Its always cold and rainy here in Ohio.

Quoting To_the_moon:

Just curious but why California? The cost of living out here especially in the areas you're looking in is ridiculous. I live in California and cannot wait to be able to get out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN