Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friendless

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM
  • 15 Replies

So I am going to be 21 next week... yippee.... not. I have lived in the same area all my life and I don't have any real friends. The one friend I did have has been my best friend since we were little kids but shes in the army so she is currently living in NC. Shes been home on leave and I have only seen her once and the last 2 times she was home on leave I didn't even get to see her. I really wish I had people to talk to besides my 8 months old dd. Ive tried finding people online in my area and just cant seem to find other people my age that have a child that I don't already know. Anyone else feel like you have no one to talk to about things? I feel lonely :(

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Hi, welcome to the group.  Sorry that you are feeling down about your friend situation.

brinm
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM
i Def know how you feel! It was in the same predicament!
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 2 friends, 1 has a kid and one does not. We barely hang at all. Lol I'm so busy with 3 kids and my one friend has her life with her kid and hubby. Its crazy.

But I am excited for the 19gh my childless friend is turning 30 and my kids are going away with my parents except my 17 month old she is spending a night.with her other Gramma and me and my 2 friends are going to have some drinks. It will be the first time in almost 4 yrs we all get to hang together lol
CJsMommy92
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Welcome to the group. My only real friend moved a couple months ago so I am pretty lonely myself

To_the_moon
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I so get what you're saying. Since I've had my daughter I have lost many friends because they don't have kids and don't understand why I can't just drop everything and go partying at all hours of the night. And the only friends I have that have children are hours away some in other states so I get being lonely.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
CamMa
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Where are you from? Sorry if I missed that. lol
AJ-47
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM
All my friends are long distance..it's been that way since I moved to GA to be with hubs. I don't have anyone to hang out with (though I lack the time to do anything like that, anyway), and even when I talk to friends occasionally, it's not the same. It's loneliest at night, when my Son is asleep..but during the day, I'm too busy and having fun with my Son to care.
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I don't have many friends either :/. I just talk to other mommas on CM and try not to dwell on it haha.

jspee10
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:22 PM
My life. I have my hubby but we are long distance
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:25 PM
It may get easier as your baby gets older. I don't have close friends (other than DH), but I don't feel lonely because I get a chance to talk with other moms at the library and a playgroup I've been taking DD to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)