Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That's the best thing I've been told!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was just called a wonderful mother. I'm a first time mom and always feel like I'm doing something wrong but today my great-grandfather looked at me and said "you are a wonderful mother. I have never seen a baby so happy all she does is smile at anyone and everyone, whatever you're doing keep doing it." then kissed my forehead. My great grandparents have always been brutally honest people and can be downright mean at times and to hear my great grandfather say that to me just made me feel so good.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Awww, how nice of him :).

MylittlePea
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM
That is sweet and good job mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:25 PM

awh yay!! proud mommy moment for sure!

My MIL brought DD upstairs to show her dad (who unfortunately is now deceased). He's not really a "baby" man and he wasn't ever hands on with my DH or his siblings, but she brought DD up and he looked at her said, "Now THAT is a beautiful baby." It probably means nothing to anyone else, but it really meant a lot to DH...and to me. But he was DHs hero. Sometimes the "little" compliments are the biggest. But definitely being told you're a wonderful mother tops the charts. I'm happy for you =]

AJ-47
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:25 PM
That's great!
I personally hate the whole "I don't know what you're doing, but it's working" remark..it's like, gee, I don't know..maybe I'm parenting my Kid?! lol. Neighbor told me that; it was all I can do not to reply that way, ha.
My Son gets complimented all the time on how polite, smart and well-behaved He is, and I am usually told how great I'm doing with Him. It never gets old, especially when I have those moments where I worry if I'm a good enough Mom.
peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:23 PM

thats such a nice compliment.  My mom told me the other day she was really proud of how I am handling motherhood and the good job I am doing.  I think my mom was a fantastic mommy to me so hearing her say that makes me very happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)