Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Miss Carriage or Menstrual Cycle during Pregnancy? *Edit* It is a Miss Carriage *Edit*

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am 7 weeks, I have been having spotting since Friday night, my first thought when I saw pink discharge that morning was "Oh no!" because I have had a miss carriage once before at 6 weeks and I have never had bleeding during any of my other 3 full term pregnancies, I am not sure what to think, but this is the first pregnancy after having surgery and my doctor told me that that will make it different on its own, plus every pregnancy is different. I know I should just go see a doctor but either way there isn't anything they can do for me, except confirm one way or another and I don't want to go sit in an emergency room for hours with unknown random doctors down there to just tell me what I already know, so I am waiting to call my doctor till tomorrow. I have talked to a few friends about it and its just made me more unsure, I haven't had any cramping at all till about two hours ago, and it still isn't bad, not like my normal cramps, my last miss carriage I miss carried within 24 hours after the first sign of blood. It's already been two days and I am still just spotting... Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!
Melanie A.K.A. ~devilbabie~

*Edit* I called this morning first thing, they had me go straigt to the lab to get my blood drawn for Progesterone and something that starts with a C, levels tested, when I had them done on the 3rd I wasn't considered high risk, but they got everything else already... They will do an Ultra Sound if everything comes back normal, I'm not sure what they plan to do if it doesn't... *sigh* Thank you everyone for caring enough to read this whole thing and replying, your input really helps...

*Edit* They did an Ultra Sound, the tech wouldn't tell me anything, bad sign #1, I couldn't see any movement on the screen, bad sign #2, knowing what the nurse is gonna say I started crying, she told me there was no sign of movement or heartbeat and at 7 weeks there should, my blood work proved it was a miss carriage, she said even if I would have contacted them Friday it still probably would've happened. I don't know if that's the truth or she's just trying to make me feel better... But now they have to do blood work next Tuesday to make sure my levels are going down like they are supposed to.
Thank youall for the support!

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You should have your progesterone levels checked. That can cause spotting and miscarriage if your levels are low. They can give you a supplement though, the sooner the better.
devilbabie
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I had a bunch of blood work done on the 3rd but I never got a call from my doctor saying anything was low.

Quoting norahsmommy:

You should have your progesterone levels checked. That can cause spotting and miscarriage if your levels are low. They can give you a supplement though, the sooner the better.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

yes please make a call to your doctor. 

devilbabie
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:58 PM

First thing tomorrow morning! I should have done it Friday! I've been kicking myself all weekend! :(

Quoting mama2b100808:

yes please make a call to your doctor. 

devilbabie
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Bump!

pixiemom1988
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Spotting can be very normal in pregnancy. I know that it is scary though! I am hoping the best for you!

EAzizM
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Bleeding of any kind during pregnancy is NOT normal but IS common. It is one of those things that is on a case by case basis. Good luck.
kissmiss213
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

i spotted with both of my boys. ds#1 for 3 days, ds#2 for about a week. when i went in they checked for the heartbeat and then said that i could be spotting or i could be miscarrying. if it was a miscarriage then there was nothing that they could do for me and to take it easy. go in tomorrow to get an US, but try to stay calm and keep it easy. im hoping its just spotting hun.

devilbabie
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:27 PM

That's what I've been told... I'm hoping that's all it is!

Quoting pixiemom1988:

Spotting can be very normal in pregnancy. I know that it is scary though! I am hoping the best for you!

devilbabie
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Thank you! I'm really hoping for something other than I am miss carrying! :(

Quoting EAzizM:

Bleeding of any kind during pregnancy is NOT normal but IS common. It is one of those things that is on a case by case basis. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN