Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 11 months old fell out of his crib.......what to do?????

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:49 PM
  • 24 Replies
So this morning while we were all sleeping my 11 months old son fell out of his crib!My husband slept in same room and he found him on the floor . Eventually he climb up little bit and bend over the crib and fell from it . Thank God he didn't get hurt just couple of bruises but still it could be fatal. So I don't know what to do ....... To buy him regular bed or live him in his crib ......HELP because I didn't have this problem with my other 2 kids and I am not Shure what to do I just don't want him to get hurt or do similar thing again!!!!!
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jewl-e
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Is it as low as it will go?
wolfybaby
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

co-sleep..closer to the floor! he probably wanted to come see you anyway.

Emrah2010
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Yes it is the lowest that it can go and he still figure way out:)
DrkPixie86
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Take his mattress out of the crib and put it on the floor and have him sleep there. It's safer
JoanahLee
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom cut the legs off one of my brothers cribs when he was about 10 months old because he figure out how to hoist himself up and flip out and over before he could even walk!  

This way he would still make a big noise, scare himself and cry so my mom knew he was out of bed, but the fall was not far enough to be dangerous. 

Fast forward 9 years and he was also the kid that broke both ankles at the same time because he saw someone repelling on tv and rigged up the ropes and went over our back deck intending to ease down the ropes mountain man style.  

t1gger143
by Katie on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:44 AM
My ds was the same way. We took his mattress and put it in the floor.
ShireeCS
by Shiree on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I agree with the other mattress on the floor or turn it into a toddler bed
leslie1989
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:59 AM
I would get him a toddler bed. That way he can get out easy when needed. My son is in a toddler bed, and usually in the early morning he comes to our room and sleeps a couple more hours. But we have always co slept with him. Some song agree with it. But it works well for our family.
erin708
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Get a crib tent
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathrynsmomma03
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:01 AM
My mom had a soccer ball net looking thing that went over the top of mine so I couldn't climb out
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)