Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How close are you to your family?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 11 Replies
I don't mean your children or SO/DH but your parents, grandparents, siblings. My grandfather owns a decent amount of land so all of us live on the same property. My dad lives alone, my sister, her husband and two girls live across the street, DH and I live with our girls here and my grandparents live next to me. This way I see them all every day except when my dad is visiting his gf in NC. As for relationship wise, my dad and I are best friends. We vent to each other, joke with each other, try to lose weight together. Even stay up late playing video games together. My grandparents are more the parental figures in my life since they raised me. My sister and I get along and have been hanging out a little more lately but she is usually on the go too much and completely different from me. So what about you all? How close to your families are you?
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rosebud27aj
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I have a very small family. We are all pretty close.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I am not close with my family at all. They have all cut me out of their lives and I did the same to them. 

nclzgr11
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I am close to 4 out of my 5 siblings. Talk to them almost daily. My aunt and I are best friends. Other than that, I'm not that close to my mom or her side or the rest of my dad's side of the family. They have chosen to walk away for various reasons, but I'm ok with it. My son deserves the best possible people around him and they weren't it.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I am close with my parents, we live in the same house.

I used to be close with my Grandparents growing up, but when their youngest dd (my Aunt) had her kids, they became more favorites. lol I was 15/16 when my Aunt had kids. My moms brother (my Uncle) I have not seen in about 4 yrs, my mom does not really see him either (although they are this weekend) for my cousins Grad party $ yrs of Universty done)

My brother and I are not exactly close, he and my sil and his kids live 6 hours away, we see eachother a few times a year, but we dont call or talk to eachother EVER. Unless he visits or we visit.

My dads family are 5 hours away, all 9 of his siblings, are kinda weird, and I dont really know them very much, we see more of 1 brother over the rest, but are exactly close. My Grandparents on that side I am not too close too either, My Grandpa still does not know my name and I am 30, My Grandma is super sweet, but still are not close.

The one person I am close with, is My Aunt (moms little sister) she is only 10 yrs older then me, and lived with us growing up, when she went to college, we are like sisters, and shop tell secrets etc....and my mom is right there with us. lol

mamashley
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I am close with my sisters, brother and parents. My older sister and I have kids around the same age (hers are 8,6,5 and mine is 7) and although she and I are 8 years apart, we are in a similar point in our lives, at least as far as kids go. I currently live with parents as I go through a divorce but before that a month was the longest I had gone without seeing them (and that was because of work, school activities, etc) We all talk on the phone at least once a day.

brittany208
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:21 PM

not that close!

DH works for his dad's company and they play softball together in the summer. we see them all the time. probably weekly. my parents live 2hrs away, we see them every couple months, usually

Dannismommy2013
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I am close to my mother and my godmother. These two women have been there for me and over time they have become my rock. I have other family but I am not close to them. I see them from time to time but we dont get together for hoildays

ashesleigh
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I used to be very close with my family. a few years ago i went through deep depression. and ended up distancing myself for a while. this past year and a half ive become closer with my family. my parents and sister and i text at least once a day. I live about an hour away and its hard for me to go see them but we talk daily.
CrystalYaris
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I'm close to my mom and close to my grandparents on my dad's side. My brother and I are in two different worlds, but we are there for each other emotionally and financially. My dad, cousins, aunts, uncles - don't care too much for them. They have all done me wrong and will keep doing me wrong. My dad's side hates me because they don't like my mother, my mom's side hates me because they don't like my way of thinking. It's gotten to the point I make remarks around my mom's side just to piss them off and make them leave.

ABZ_O
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Not close at all. My baby sister doesn't count cause her dad has custody of her and I can't see her. I'm the black sheep of my family and they hate people who are different from them. Plus how they treated me ever since I was young, yeah right, like I'm going to stick around that stuff.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)