Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Just a cranky pregnant lady? Or justified?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi ladies,

We have these neighbours behind us who own two small Yappy little dogs who bark non stop during the day!! Every second day they have four dogs as her friends drop their dogs over too while they all go to work (where I live, your not allowed more then two).

I am eight months pregnant and have a four year old daughter and we are both so tired of them making us creep quietly around the house or not being able to play outside . Our houses are very close together and they bark at me even sneezing inside my own house!!!

I have spoken to them three times, called the ranger (who fined them for having more then two dogs) and talked loudly (but nicely) about how I wish the dogs were quieter.

Today again they have two new dogs over and one is so distressed it has howled from eight am to four pm!! It seems being nice hasn't helped at all. I decided to write a letter this time and put it in the mail box, it wasn't rude but defiantly straight to the point.

Am I just being a angry preggo lady or would this annoy you too??angry

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
From what you are describing it would annoy me too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WillVon
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I have a loud neighbor with a loud gf...the things I hear is so annoying and gross! I have a year old girl that can hear that! I hope they move!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lmcdona2
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I would be annoyed too. I would have said something and written a letter like u did. As well as file a complaint. Rules were made to be followed and to keep others safe. They should be considerate of others. Barking unattended dogs are a nuisance. Call the pound next for neglect. Lol.
little.worthen
by Tessie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

if you call the police and there have been more than 4 formal and written complaints, animal control will take the dogs..

i did that to my neighbors when nothing else worked.

me_plus3
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Yeah i'd be annoyed too.
mapleleaf4ever
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM
You're justified.
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I'd be fuming, too!

I'd keep calling the police every day until it stops. And police can fine for "nuisance barking".
MaryS92
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I would keep getting the police involved until they got rid of all the dogs!!! I hate it when people are neglectfull of their animals!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)