Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure if I can post this or not...

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Which do you like best?

Options:

Mary Kay

AVON

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

Not sure if I can post this here or not because it is not exactly kid/mom related, but I am trying to find a way to make a little extra money and I was looking at Mary Kay or Avon (don't worry! I am not trying to sell anything and I won't contact any of you after I decide!). I was just wondering what your experience is with either one,  who you like best and do you buy from either of those? I guess I am just trying to get an idea of where the market is and what would be better for me. Thanks for the help!

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanuteb
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I like Avon better.  I dont like sitting through a party doing makeup etc.  Also, I havent seen mary kay in a long time, but I know avon does things for both genders, all ages and not just makeup.

AJ-47
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I love Avon, but not for makeup. I bought the new lipstick awhile back, but haven't used it. I mostly buy stuff for my Son.
mezmom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Thanks! Still comparing and deciding so anymore input is appreciated. Thank you to the people that voted and/or commented already!

k9l1c5
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't bought from either of them but like Avon better since they sell more of a variety of things. I would buy from Avon if I had the extra money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredme
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I like Avon better but my opinion might be biased since I am an Avon rep.  I looked into several for making extra money as well and Avon seemed best to me.  Avon has been around the longest, is cheaper than even drugstores (but better quality), sells a great variety, their products really work as advertised and has the lowest start up cost.

xLilBit22
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I like both but favor Mary Kay more. Both sell men products also. But Avon is cheaper so your more likely to get people to buy from you that way.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

avon is better.

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

If I had to pick between those 2: Avon

ilovemykids732
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have the MONEY for either!! lol... so I chose Other... but when I had money, [[like $20 extra a week]] I loved Avon :)

sahm_of_rj
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I know that Mary Kay wants you to buy a large inventory and you have parties, and Avon I don't think you have to. I think Avon is a little less restrictive as to where you can sell (there are Avon stores, for example).

I'm actually a thirty-one consultant and I love it. It's purses, tote, thermals, home organization, etc. start up is pretty cheap and you don't have to keep a huge inventory.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)