Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP*** Apartments & fleas!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
Our apartment is upstairs in a 2 floor building. There are 4 apartments on each floor. 3 of my neighbors have dogs, we don't have any pets. I've found a few fleas on me either when I'm outside on the balcony or right when I come inside! I'm so grossed out, I had a bad experience with fleas from an old roommate & her cats a few years ago and it was horrible!

Living in an apartment and not being the origin of where they're coming from, I have no idea what to do. I was going to get some spray bombs, but they won't do any good when our neighbors have them too!

Any advice on what to do?
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

call the person who runs the apartments and tell them they need to do something about the flees. 

twade26
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

This and continuously put that carpet flee treatment down until they deal with it.

Quoting mama2b100808:

call the person who runs the apartments and tell them they need to do something about the flees. 

frndlyfn
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM

FLEA  , not flee and i agree with the others to treat it as well as notify the landlord/owner about it.  Fleas can live outside w/o animals around as well.

BabyRuca
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Oops, thank you!

Quoting frndlyfn:

FLEA  , not flee and i agree with the others to treat it as well as notify the landlord/owner about it.  Fleas can live outside w/o animals around as well.

BabyRuca
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know why i haven't done that already! Thanks!

Quoting mama2b100808:

frndlyfn
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Anytime  LOL   Flee is another word for leave or escape, Flea is the pesky insect.

Just call me the spelling monitor.

Quoting BabyRuca:

Oops, thank you!

Quoting frndlyfn:

BabyRuca
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Haha, I knew the other meaning I was just so frustrated while typing the post (from my mobile) & my spell checker failed me so I didn't even notice! I'm usually the one frustrated by things like that... I am so ashamed!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Anytime  LOL   Flee is another word for leave or escape, Flea is the pesky insect.

Just call me the spelling monitor.

Quoting BabyRuca:

Oops, thank you!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)