Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Bathing suit + stretch marks

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Would you wear a two piece with stretch marks?

Options:

Yes

No

Maby

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 58

View Results

Would you wear a 2 piece if you had bad stretch marks? Also does it gross you out when you see a woman in a bikini with stretch marks?

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erin708
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM
3 moms liked this
I just said to myself that I'm buying a two piece. I don't care what ppl think. My hubby loves my body and that's all that matters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dibsy
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM
That's so great! I probably wouldn't have worn my bikini this year if I had visible stretch marks but I'm hyper-self conscious. Kudos to you, momma!

Quoting erin708:

I just said to myself that I'm buying a two piece. I don't care what ppl think. My hubby loves my body and that's all that matters.
hello_kitty25
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM

if i went and got a spray tan first. yeah . oh and if i had the body for it. lol

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:28 PM

That is why im asking, my hubby has pretty muched begged me to wear one since i lost a lot of weight and should be proud of my body but i swear i have stretch marks from the bottom of my belly clear up to my ribs since i was heavy when i got preggo. Hopefully they will fade a bit before next year so he can see me in one

Quoting erin708:

jlmc
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I have seen women wear two pieces that have worse strtch marks than I do and I don't judge, I think its great that they have the confidence to rock a 2 piece. I would with my DH but not with the kids or fam and friends

nelliesmommy
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM

no

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I think people should wear what they like and what flatters them. There will always be people who think you look good and there will always be people who think you look like crap. For the first time in my life I'm actually swimming without a t shirt on. I bought several really cute flattering tankinis and am rocking them. I'm overweight, and everyone can tell regardless of what I wear so I'm not gonna bog myself down with a t shirt. I'm sure some people may wish they brought eye bleach to the pool, but nobody has yet to say anything or look at me weird. I think we are WAY harder on ourselves than anyone else ever is. I say if the suit flatters you otherwise, stretch marks be damned.
kylersmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:42 PM
This summer is the first I've felt comfortable to seriously wear a two piece around hubby and company!!(today was the first around friends!) I don't look great but after 3kids(youngest being almost 10m)stretch marks, a saggy belly, I feel proud to finally be okay with myself! If others than look worse than me can do it and not care, why should have have any shame?!
threat
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:45 AM
I wouldn't even if I had the body for it because of my stretch marks and seeing other women like that does make me sick.
skittlefart
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 5:28 AM

I do, but i have a cover on at all times. 

photo Skittlefart-vi_zps0eb53a97.png

photo f2458de1-4fbe-4187-979b-7d086a655ae3_zpsf7eb12ba.jpg
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN