Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Sleeping threw the night age?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 38 Replies

What age did your baby sleep threw the night? My 8 mo old is BF and not much solids yet and still gets up 3 to 4 times a night to nurse. I swear i have tried everything even resorted to CIO (no bashing please worked great with my first). Any suggestions on how i do a routine already and lavender bath everynight with books. I also make sure she is sleepy but not cranky when i put her down. 

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meg978
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:39 PM
My daughter is 13 months and just started to at 12 mnths
jlmc
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM

You poor women. My 4 month old sleeps from 8om-7am waking up once at 5:30 to eat but he eats cereal and fruits during day and I just stopped breastfeeding completely so he is all formula. My DD slept through at 8 months. Have you considered more solids? We do dinner at 7:15 bath with lavender wash at 7:45 and straight to sleep drowsy but awake when i lay him in crib and he knocks out

meg978
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I dont know if this will help u but I always always played lullabies all night and it blocks out sounds from us walkinf around ans doing things and blocks out my buzy st. As she got alittle old she slept lil bit more then it was once a night. Ever since she has been off formula she has sleep threw night
Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I try hard with solids and she will not take anything at all grrr. Do you think stopping bf'ing helped with sleeping good?

Quoting jlmc:

You poor women. My 4 month old sleeps from 8om-7am waking up once at 5:30 to eat but he eats cereal and fruits during day and I just stopped breastfeeding completely so he is all formula. My DD slept through at 8 months. Have you considered more solids? We do dinner at 7:15 bath with lavender wash at 7:45 and straight to sleep drowsy but awake when i lay him in crib and he knocks out

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Was she bf or formula fed? also how often would she wake (like more than once a night?) Hope that is not my case i feel like an insomniac but not by choice 

Quoting meg978:

My daughter is 13 months and just started to at 12 mnths

moogsmom03
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:51 PM

My DD was 6 weeks old when she started sleeping through the night, and my DS was 8 weeks old. They are 9 and 4 now and are still wonderful sleepers.

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Do not stop breastfeeding just due to her not sleeping. To me that is not a very good reason.  My dd did not sleep through the night until way past the age of 1 and she was eating solids.  Talk to her doctor about solids since her main nutrition should be through breastfeeding.  Which solids have you tried with her?  My dd at this age loved mashed potatoes.

jlmc
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I do. The day we started weening him off formula he slept better and it got better and better. If yours is 8 months than you will probably be weening soon too because typically people stop at 12months so if you dont want to give up bf'ing yet stick it out maybe. I had a friend who let her son CIO and if you do it right I think it it can be successful. 

dreamarrow
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I have 9 month old twins and they have pretty much slept through the night since they were 5 months old. I formula feed and they eat solids about 2-3 times a day . I have heard that lots of breasted babies wake up in throught the night because breastmilk digest faster. I'm sure you already know that ;). Have you tried different kinds of foods?
dreamarrow
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I use a sound machine. I think sometimes that constant noise soothes them. My children have always liked oceans sounds.

Quoting meg978:

I dont know if this will help u but I always always played lullabies all night and it blocks out sounds from us walkinf around ans doing things and blocks out my buzy st. As she got alittle old she slept lil bit more then it was once a night. Ever since she has been off formula she has sleep threw night

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)