Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I need a drink...

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:02 AM
  • 17 Replies
I'm a SAHM of 5. Every once in awhile I need a break from being mom. I know that doesn't make me a bad person so why do I always feel so horrible?!

Do you take time away from your child/ren?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes! You got to take a break if you don't you would lose your head. :) My daughter will be going to preschool next month. I am trying to wait for my breaks when she is in school no drinking though not big on that. :) But do have one every once awhile.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I take some time away from my daughter... I don't drink a lot but when I do want a glass of wine it is at home after she is in bed or something like that. A lot of my me time is after she is asleep in bed.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I get at least one girls night a month. I'm in need of a date with my husband. We are going to a concert in a few weeks.
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I get a break a few nights a week when all of my kids go to bed at bedtime (7pm). Other than that I might get to go out with dh 2 times a year without any kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scarmechel
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I go for a drink with friends. To get out of the house and a break from the kids. I don't feel bad when I do. Mama needs a break. lol Luckily they have gone to the same place since they were born as far as a sitter goes that is there grandma. She is very close to the boys. But yea, I have a drink and relax. I like kareoke lol

ABZ_O
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this
I wish I was able to get away.
MixtlisMomme
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this

ugh you bet!... when she spends the night with her dad. A happy mom is a happy child and you need YOU time from time to time...there is nothing wrong with that. Plus you deserve it.

LuvsHopesDreams
by Lindsey on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I really feel like I could use a little time to myself. I get a break from my son at work--but it's definitely not the same as a girls nite out. I'm pregnant right now, so no drinking for me. Still have another 4.5 months to go.
LuvsHopesDreams
by Lindsey on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Sing us something! Lol.

Quoting scarmechel:

I go for a drink with friends. To get out of the house and a break from the kids. I don't feel bad when I do. Mama needs a break. lol Luckily they have gone to the same place since they were born as far as a sitter goes that is there grandma. She is very close to the boys. But yea, I have a drink and relax. I like kareoke lol

estrada_m0mmy
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Thanks ladies. Glad it doesn't make me selfish to need time away. I used to have a glass of wine once the kids were in bed but I'm nursing my now 9 month old who refuses a bottle so drinking I don't get to do. Man, a glass of wine would be nice tho. Heck even a bottle or two of beer. Ha Just something that equals "grown up time". DH and I just had our 9yr wedding anniversary and it was just another day. We live outta town away from family.. =0/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN