• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hysterectomy Stories

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:35 AM
  • 4 Replies

I want to know what it was like especially if you've had one directly following the birth of a baby or because of cervical cancer?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jesus.hates.you
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:14 AM
This is a 20-something, group. I doubt many have been ice cream scooped.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I had one when I was 27, I'm now 29. My youngest was 3, though. I didn't have cervical cancer. I had an enlarged uterus with fibroids that led to major bleeding problems. I also had endo, but that wasn't discovered until they were in there.

My doctor used the DaVinci robot to do my surgery. I have 5 very small ncision scars. I was in the hospital overnight. Recovery was much easier than I expected. After the leaving the hospital, my pain was mostly managed by ibuprofen. It took at least as month for me to have any energy, probably 2 months to really feel human again.

Feel free to pm me.
Cafe Steph
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a partial last year due to recurring cysts in my left ovary, endometriosis, and endometrial hyperplasia. The left side where the tube and ovary were removed hurt like hell, no lie, and the pain meds they gave weren't enough. I had to double the dose under doctor's orders, but then I ran out of the pills faster and they wouldn't give me a refill so I had to deal with a lot of pain since OTC meds didn't even touch it. Recovery was slow, probably slower than it should've been because of the pain, but I work from home, thank God.

MamaPeanut
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I have not, but wish you the very best.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)