Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would u go

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 12 Replies

ok i have 3 kids. by the time the next ones bday i would have thrown 20 birthday parties. my cousins daughter is turning one. she has never atteneded a single one of my kids bday parties. this is not her first kid. she also has a 5 year old. i dont like to hurt feelings so i said i dont have gas money to go, i really aint goin cuz she aint been to any of mine. my father finds out i aing goin cuz of gas so he tells her i will be there cuz he will take me. my sister says im being hateful and depriving my kids. what would u do?

`

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kazmira222
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I'd go for the sake of the children..
Is there a reason the cousin never came? It's just a bday party. Just go..
lil_ferfer
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM

idk y her, her husband, or her kids never come to my kids bday parties. they never rsvp yes or no. they just dont show up

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Well then you tell her to bring her behind to yours because she is depriving her daughter from her cousins bday parties. Tell her it works both ways. 

jlmc
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I would go. I think it is immature that you aren't going because she doesnt go. Who cares if she doesn't take her kids to your kids parties? Let your kids go to her kids and have a good time.

k9l1c5
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I would go just to be the bigger person. I actually have a similar situation going on in my life...

My cousin has a daughter turning 4 this year and we have always gone to all of her parties, any event for her. I have a daughter turning one next month, and the same cousin also has a little one 3 months younger than mine. We could not go to her baby's christening at the beginning of this year and now ever since that it is this whole big thing and I think she is planning on not coming to my daughter's birthday party next month now. Which really pisses me off because we have gone to EVERY single thing she has ever had other than ONE event. But I am still being the bigger person and going to go to her kids parties, I just will not be spending a lot on gifts since I think that is her real problem with us missing the christening. Her daughter didn't get a gift...

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Yes I would.
Lovingmommy1028
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM

i would tell your cousin that you was really hurt that she hasn't been to any of your children's bday party that it is not right but if you dont want to go you shouldnt have to if you dont want 

lil_ferfer
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM

idk if i want to go or not. want to go for the kids but dont want to go cuz my feelings are hurt

RheaF
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Don't hold grudges. In the end this is not going to do you or her any harm, what your doing is holding it against the children. Maybe sit down with her and talk to her (like adults) after the party and find out why they don't come. Be the mature one in this situation.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I would go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)