Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Why do people have this attitude about Newborns?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM
  • 104 Replies
3 moms liked this
That they shouldn't be brought outside at all, and god forbid the mother is out and about.

I don't get why our country freaks out about it.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine were out and about with me right after discharge from the hospital. They were healthy full term babies. I would have probably stayed in a lil longer if they had problems. Life has to continue
MrsKish
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Yep out in about as soon as possible.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:01 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm not like that. We went out and about the day we left the hospital.
Chelsey191
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Mine was at the zoo at 4 days, his dad and I took him. Ds dad only got to see him for a week after he was born. Has never seen him since. He lives in South Africa.
HLmom89
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM
I am not like that.
With my first he was 3weeks early but once we discharged from the hospital i had to drop some paper work of at my job(dont work there or anywhere now). I brought him in with me and dh came in to so everyone could see him. Then one week later we went to visit mil at work, and just one week after that we took him to dhs work.
With my second we did come home right away as it was about 3:30pm when we discharged from the hospital. But about 3 days later we we went to dhs work to show off baby and get formula.
Not sure about my 3rd baby as he is not here yet for another 7 weeks but i know he will too proably be out and about with me at least a few days old
coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Man, I got bitched at from everyone about going out, and taking baby out.
Rach0307
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I was out for walks, to the coffee shop for tea with friends and running errands on foot with my son within the first week of his life. Before I had him, I was nervous about how I was going to be able to do anything outside of the home after the birth with DH being deployed, so I talked to my doctor about it. She told me that not bringing a newborn out is the old way of thinking, that the fresh air is good for them and a sane mommy is really good for them, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShireeCS
by Shiree on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:44 AM
I took dd out right away no one ever said anything to me
txlmr
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:52 AM

With my first, we took her out for a bit when she was 6 days old (a couple days after discharge) and my mom took pictures of her first outing and posted them online.  My best friend made a comment questioning if it was too early for her to be out, but that was the most negative thing said and it wasn't even that bad.  I think it's one thing if you're taking them out in extreme weather conditions or something, but if they're bundled appropriately there shouldn't be a problem.

kissmiss213
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

because a newborn is immunocompromised. i took mine out around 3 days old tho. i just didnt let strangers touch them or get in their face.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)