Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do You Do Your Womanly Duties?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM
  • 69 Replies
I know this may sound old fashion myhusband and family ALWAYS tell me I was born in the wrong century. Ithinknas a women I should cook, clean, do laundry, spend 95% of my free time with my baby and meet my hubbys sexually needs at least 3 times a week. With that being said...... he does the trash and yard work (manly duties) but he will sometimes do the dishes , laundry, or clean on his own as well as watch the baby and do any of my "womanly duties" withiut complaint if ask him. I also do have my own time to get pedicures and go tanning and I also do work but honestly I only go get a pedi every 2-3 weeks I try to tan 5 times a week and I get my hair done every two weeks but I really do spend 95% of my time when I not at work with my baby. I'm just wondering if anyone is old fashion and if not how modern your family is?
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AspenD
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Btw tanning is only 15mins lol pedi around 45 and hair is 1 hr 15min and sometime between work and everything else the first duty that usually goes is sex my husband's dismay lol he'd have sex at least everyday if I'd let him lol
jojo_star
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM
2 moms liked this

No. I work full time, by choice. We have sex almost every day, because that's how we both want it. He meets my needs as well, it isn't just one way. Our whole family shares all the chores, because my husband and I both work, it wouldn't work out any other way. I'm not going to work, then come home and clean and cook. My duty isn't to do everything for everyone, just because I have a vagina. I have a spa day every other week, I have girl days. I spend a lot of time with my kids, but not 95% of my free time, I do have a life, and I need time for just me, and time for just my husband and I.  

lilangel_4206
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I clean, cook, watch both girls do laundry.  I work full time and dh watches them while I work we some how made it work for no need for sitter.  When ever possible I do make him lunch in the morning plus I put his boots on for him.  Sex has hit a bottom right now its been maybe once every week to every 2 weeks

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Yup same way here I am pretty old fashioned about stuff too

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I really like you.

Quoting jojo_star:

No. I work full time, by choice. We have sex almost every day, because that's how we both want it. He meets my needs as well, it isn't just one way. Our whole family shares all the chores, because my husband and I both work, it wouldn't work out any other way. I'm not going to work, then come home and clean and cook. My duty isn't to do everything for everyone, just because I have a vagina. I have a spa day every other week, I have girl days. I spend a lot of time with my kids, but not 95% of my free time, I do have a life, and I need time for just me, and time for just my husband and I.  

jojo_star
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Is that sarcastic or serious? If the former, shove it. If the latter, cool :D

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

I really like you.

Quoting jojo_star:

AspenD
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM
II am NOT saying that we have to do these things bc we have a vagina every deff has diff styles of making things work which I'd love to hear this is just an interesting a funny post so nobody get offended okay! Have fun I look forward to hearing everyones response!
coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate traditional gender roles. That's just me
lupandbaby
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM

if this works for you thats wonderful as long as your happy!!  Im the same way. thrs nothing wrong with it. Im the same way. Id like to be a stay at home mother and house wife. and its hard because my friends are all very independant and are against typical domestic duties. I see it as Im proud to be a woman and I want to take care of my wonderful husband because hes supportiing me and will be supporting our son.  hes doing his share and Im doing mine. I do want to make some of my own money though. so ill proubly work part time. 

rhiannonaisling
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I cook, watch the kids, work, home school my oldest two, and craft with my children...they are all old enough that (with the exception of sweeping, mopping, my room and bathroom and deep cleaning stuff) the chores are theirs to do. I get a pedicure about 3 or 4 times a year when I absolutely have to have a break and with our schedule (I work days Mon-Fri he works 12 hour night shifts with a 3 day on 2 off schedule) sex is a weekend thing though he would prefer everyday. They also do their own laundry and start mine and switch it (I have a bad back and can't do the bending) but I fold it and put it away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN