Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Great idea or tacky?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:02 AM
  • 59 Replies
A friend of mine was invited to a wedding. The couple has a honeymoon registry. They are asking their guests to fund their honeymoon.

Great idea or tacky?
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Personally, I'm going with tacky. I could never ask people to do that. If I couldn't afford a honeymoon, I just wouldn't take one. I could never ask my family and friends to pay for it.
QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, that's tacky.  

camo.roo
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Tacky.
esox
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Makes it simple to decide which gift you are giving them! I don't see it being any different than registering for a bunch of junk for the house. Unless they are asking for both.
mom2ljh
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:44 AM
2 moms liked this
If you're going to spend money on a gift anyway, but they don't really need anything, I think this is a neat idea. I've heard of it before.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Idk I have to say it is good idea. I mean if they have everything a couple needs. I think it would be okay to help fund their honeymoon. You was already going to buy a gift. Just use the money for that to fund the wedding. 

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree

Quoting mama2b100808:

Idk I have to say it is good idea. I mean if they have everything a couple needs. I think it would be okay to help fund their honeymoon. You was already going to buy a gift. Just use the money for that to fund the wedding. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Quoting Courtney610:

Personally, I'm going with tacky. I could never ask people to do that. If I couldn't afford a honeymoon, I just wouldn't take one. I could never ask my family and friends to pay for it.

Are they also registered for a bunch of house stuff? If not, I don't see why you think it's tacky. I mean, instead of buying them crap they will never use, give them a card and some money so they can enjoy their honeymoon. Not tacky at all.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Quoting OBImomma:

I agree

Quoting mama2b100808:

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:33 AM
They have an actual registry asking for plane tickets, a night at a hotel x 13, people to pay for their rental car. They have the whole 14 day trip itemized. I'm sorry, but asking people to fund your honeymoon is tacky.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)