Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I'm just so very sad?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

I decided to take my little girl to the zoo today; she wasn't feeling well earlier but perked up as the day went on. It's the San Francisco zoo and I basically grew up going to it since my mom had membership and we lived there as kids. Anyways for those who haven't seen my trillion other posts, I am still deeply mourning the loss of my father whom died in the hospital after infections acquired after bypass surgery. Everywhere  I go, i see men his age who are living,  breathing and HEALTHY and I just can't help but think "why my dad?" He was only 61 yrs old and hadn't even retired yet. I see women my age roughly with BOTH their parents, (mine divorced in 2010), together with them, HELPING them with their young child (ren) and my heart hurts so much bc i don't have that (my mom is not that helpful or nurturing my dad was the nurturing parent and he's gone now). I feel so sad seeing everybody with their dads and little girls with their grandpas when that should be my dd and my dad. He just passed away almost 2 mons ago (the 27th will be the 2-month mark since his death) so i know these feelings are fresh and will come and go like tidal waves, but i just don't know how to keep on going like this.

I am in therapy but only go 2x a montha nd it's not enough for me. I feel like I need everyday therapy for these feelings! I joined a gym to release some pent-up energy and am gonna go back to my school aide job in the fall (unless i find something better) but for now I am very depressed all summer long and try my best to hide it but inside I'm crying and my heart is so sore. I just want my daddy.Any other moms have simialr experiences? Any words of wisdom or insight?

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mrsjohnson2014
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I lost my aunt in Febuary who was 47 years old and I miss her everyday but I think eventually that pain will ease up and let me remember her without hurting so much

erin708
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM
My in laws have both passed from cancer. My fil was 63 and my mil 64. Its very sad and I understand ur pain. My kids will never know them. Just know he is watching down on ur family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShireeCS
by Shiree on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:33 PM
My dad passed away when he was 29. I am 29 now and kinda freak out. I see men his age or older and I'm mad that he is gone that he didn't get to see me grow up or see my daughter. It just isn't fair.
roseblossom90
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:40 PM

My mother passed away when I was nine on Christmas Eve. She was only 28 yeas old. Every time I see my MIL with my children I wonder how my mother would have been with them. I wonder if she would be proud of me. I wonder how different my family would be if she was still here. Even to this dy I have a ard time with anything Christmas related...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)