Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Simply being a mom!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:30 AM
  • 32 Replies
2 moms liked this

As a young mom i never knew the battles i would face with my children, i knew it would be this hard but a scream sobbing 3 yr old who wants nanny to cook her dinner and not mommy? Who knew,right? But as my days go on and see them grow i cant beileve something so amazing was created. As blessed and thankful as i am to have them, som days i just shake my head... Others all i can say is it beer time yet?! I never realized what bridges we would have to cross,such as my 3 month old being born early and has been sick.(thrush for the thrid time) or things id never seen before.(pearl cyst?!? 0_o) but on my adventure in life, motherhood, being a wife, and becoming an adult i have realized that im not alone. I may feel that way while hubby is at work and i have two screaming boobing little girls, a messy house, dishes, laundry, and cooking dinner... bathing bed time and all the in between, yes ill admit i feel alone some days.. but am i?? well, probably not. but seriously on those days i need a glass of wine and a hot shower. I know that one day i will look back and think, "hmmm did i do that right?" and my answer would be, "yes, of course i was the mom i knew how to be and both of my kids are very well rounded smart young ladies, that i would never trade!" but on the same hand i think back to yesterday and ask,"What the hell was i thinking giving her red juice on my clean ligh colored carpets and couches?!?" Oh yeah i know what it was, i didnt want to give her soda! haha but in all seriousness i never saw myself with kids let alone a husband. and here i am in my 20's with two goregous girls and an amazing husband... Yeah we have our problems and "THOSE" days but this is MY life and i love it. and i know that i am not alone in this world, so on those days its ok to take your shirt off and hand it to someone (could be in a litteral scence (: ) and go take a hot damn shower drink some wine or beer listen to some music, and relax. maybe have some fun while in the process. but if mommy isnt taken care of, well then i guess its sandwhiches,chips and paper plates for dinner huh?! (:  So while your living in the moment of your children take a second to remember who you are and what you are, Other than a mom and wife, and enjoy the life adventure of the unknown and be greatful for what and who you have! because i know that i sure am greatful!!! Mommies Enjoy Lifes Adventure <3          Q: What is one thing that you have missed doing before becoming a parent or wife???

My Crazy Khaotic Upside Down Loveable World! <3
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zachsmom19
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:36 AM
I am 23 and I have two boys. 4 and 2. I miss my free time.
mousesmommy5610
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:41 AM
Yes yes i agree but i also havent had "free" time since I was 17... Lol but I miss it. I miss doing what I wanna do when I wanna do it, but I wouldn't change my girls for anything. (:
Quoting zachsmom19:

I am 23 and I have two boys. 4 and 2. I miss my free time.
Manda12702
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:41 AM
Just because it really bothered me, it is "wine" not "whine". And nothing. I waited until I was 27 to get married and 28 to have my first baby. I made sure I enjoyed my 20s and still had kids early enough to be able to enjoy my retirement.

Edit: right now I miss sleep. I have a 3 month old and I'm BFing right now.
mousesmommy5610
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Congrats mama, im glad you waited, its nice to hear that not everyone has babies so young.... Im 21 and have my 3 yr old and 3 month old, my 3yr old was by pure accident and I was young and dumb and not to mention my mom didn't want to listen to me when I tried talking to her a million times and I had been with her dad for almost two yrs..... my 3 month old was planned, I been married almost two yrs to my NOW husband (never married my oldests' dad) its his first. I don't mind being a young mom most days but hey there are some days it drives me nuts haha! but that comes with any age... Congrats on BF I am too (: although we both have thrush and it HURTS soo bad I wanna cry....
Quoting Manda12702:

Just because it really bothered me, it is "wine" not "whine". And nothing. I waited until I was 27 to get married and 28 to have my first baby. I made sure I enjoyed my 20s and still had kids early enough to be able to enjoy my retirement.

Edit: right now I miss sleep. I have a 3 month old and I'm BFing right now.
achjanet
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:51 AM

i miss waking up and just go somewhere without thinking that, oh, i need to clean baby and pack her things because am definetly not leaving her behind. and nowadays am the last person i think about every morning. am trying though to put things in order. am a new mommy, things are not easy.

STLEMD0412
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:55 AM
I miss sleeping in, especially during the summertime. And being able to just get up and go without worrying about getting another person dressed, making sure the diaper bag has everything in it, grabbing her sippy cup, etc etc. BUT I wouldn't trade my baby girl, or being a mother, for anything in the world!!!
mousesmommy5610
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Well hun I can I say I know your pain (: but I will say this: it does get some what easier once potty trained and somewhat self reliant: its true my three yr old is pretty easy shes loud and playful but that's ok, shes a toddler.. Now I mean im starting all over with a 3 month old, I love her to death but I get it I worry and stand in the door way for a minute to make sure I have EVERYTHING she needs haha but with the older one its clothes,shoes,cup or water bottle, BAM shes ready LOL but enjoy it and if u ever need to talk or ask anything u can add me and message me (: good luck and congrats new mama!!!
Quoting achjanet:

i miss waking up and just go somewhere without thinking that, oh, i need to clean baby and pack her things because am definetly not leaving her behind. and nowadays am the last person i think about every morning. am trying though to put things in order. am a new mommy, things are not easy.

mousesmommy5610
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:09 AM
I feel ya I miss just being me but I also wouldn't change it! they are everything!! it kind of gets easier as they grow, temper tantrums.... uhh not so much easier as they are some what funny, or just down right fusterating, like mine tonight my goodness, she was with my mom from about 1 pm and I got a call from her around 5:15 saying she wants her animals out of her room and wanted to come home, so my mom brought her mom, not even ten minutes later she loses it cause she wants nanny, and she doesn't want my dinner or to take a bath here she wants nannys.. so I called my mom and she was just sobbing.. Nanny, I want my nanny... she did that for oh idk about 25 mins before my mom showed back up to get her... and she is of course still over there LOL.... yeah its not easy but sometimes its worth it.. ok all the time (:
Quoting STLEMD0412:

I miss sleeping in, especially during the summertime. And being able to just get up and go without worrying about getting another person dressed, making sure the diaper bag has everything in it, grabbing her sippy cup, etc etc. BUT I wouldn't trade my baby girl, or being a mother, for anything in the world!!!
STLEMD0412
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:17 AM
Yeah I know how that goes! lol. My mom watches my daughter for me on the nights that I work and if she happens to wake up in the mornings as soon as I get home from work she throws a fit when my mom leaves...every time..like she's never going to see this woman again lol.

Quoting mousesmommy5610:

I feel ya I miss just being me but I also wouldn't change it! they are everything!! it kind of gets easier as they grow, temper tantrums.... uhh not so much easier as they are some what funny, or just down right fusterating, like mine tonight my goodness, she was with my mom from about 1 pm and I got a call from her around 5:15 saying she wants her animals out of her room and wanted to come home, so my mom brought her mom, not even ten minutes later she loses it cause she wants nanny, and she doesn't want my dinner or to take a bath here she wants nannys.. so I called my mom and she was just sobbing.. Nanny, I want my nanny... she did that for oh idk about 25 mins before my mom showed back up to get her... and she is of course still over there LOL.... yeah its not easy but sometimes its worth it.. ok all the time (:

Quoting STLEMD0412:

mousesmommy5610
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:44 AM
Well we just moved out again from my moms, so yes I get that too lol. Poor kids life is so hard huh??? Lol

Quoting STLEMD0412:

Yeah I know how that goes! lol. My mom watches my daughter for me on the nights that I work and if she happens to wake up in the mornings as soon as I get home from work she throws a fit when my mom leaves...every time..like she's never going to see this woman again lol.

Quoting mousesmommy5610:

Quoting STLEMD0412:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)