Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Restless nights, exhausted mornings. Am I the only one?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:42 AM
  • 5 Replies

At 27 and a mom of  3 girls under 5 I feel like I'm constantly busy. I'd do anything for a 20 min nap...or just a hot shower without feeling the need to rush so I can tend to my girls. But yet...when I get them to sleep I find myself staying up until at least midnight. My sleep is only recently gotten worse and I don't know how to fix it.

Makes me wonder if there's an underlining issue or unhappiness there? Anyone else go through this?

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Butterfly31607
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I am the same way I have 3 kids and I'm 27. My oldest will be 5 in September, my middle child will be 4 in March and I have a 2 month old. My husband works 10 hrs a day with a 45 min drive to work and a 45 min drive home. All my kids are usually asleep by 10 or at least laying in their bed watching tv and I stay up til 12 or 1. To have "alone time".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I have a hard time sleeping when I don't exercise or when I am depressed.
ShireeCS
by Shiree on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:58 AM
I have one dd and I work full time and don't sleep until midnight I don't know why either.
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I can totally relate.  My kids are older but I feel like I'm always tired these days and doing this and that and the other only makes me more so.

Have you talked to the doctor?  Maybe there's something going on with your thyroid or something?

Quoting Lovejkmn06:

At 27 and a mom of  3 girls under 5 I feel like I'm constantly busy. I'd do anything for a 20 min nap...or just a hot shower without feeling the need to rush so I can tend to my girls. But yet...when I get them to sleep I find myself staying up until at least midnight. My sleep is only recently gotten worse and I don't know how to fix it.

Makes me wonder if there's an underlining issue or unhappiness there? Anyone else go through this?

Cassidysmom611
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Ohh yes all the time. I only have two girls though, ages 8 and 3. However, its like my brain goes crazy when its bed time and I think of all the things I need to do, what i did wrong, etc.... I usually don't go to bed until 12 or 1 and then I am up by 6:30.

I don't know what the deal is but it is frustrating. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)