Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

worried

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:12 AM
  • 0 Replies
my youngest step son is nine and weighs just over a hundred pounds. i spoke to hubby about my concerns then the next day i make the boys lunch two bean and cheese burritos frozen and two stalks about four pieces of celery with peanut butter. well to me that should be more than enough. well he goes to hubby in the kitchen after scarfing down what i had given him and asks for more. hubby gives him two more burritos. he ends up eating them too. im concerned because he consistently eats more than his father and i. im 35 weeks pregnant and keep a mental count of what he eats. we have a 12 year old who eats as much as the nine year old but he is almost 5 10 and 98 pounds. is it fair of me to want to start restricting how much he eats because he is so overweight. he told me cps showed up at his moms because the bmi at school said he was obese and at risk to become morbidly obese. well i made an agreement with them. even though.money is tight i will buy the fruits and veggies fresh they like and if they trade out a healthy for unhealthy twice a day at the end of the week i will bake them something they like. i also found out at their moms they eat a lot of frozen and fast food because she works late. they dont really have the option of fruits and veggies there. ive thought about taking all of them to the dr and a nutrtionist to see where i can help their bodies grow the way they should. a little background. when i graduated high school i was 5 foot 11 and 330 pounds. im afraid for my ypungest step son to go down that path. i know that with my step kids it going to be harder to find fruits and veggies they like since they are older and who wouldnt want to eat a brownie instead of apple but still. as their step mom i feel its my job to help ensure they grow into the best people they can be and part of that a big part in my.opinion is nutrition. is it taking it a little far to want to take them to a nutritionst or dr to help educate them on what junk food does to their bodies and why its considered a luxery in our house?
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)