Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Just grounded my oldest stepson for the rest of the summer

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:03 PM
  • 17 Replies

Where we live on a busy road here in the middle of Tennessee our kids all know better than to play by the road on this busy state highway. Well my oldest stepson was playing close to the road and would not listen to me when I called him to get closer to the house, he told me he can do whatever he wants and don't need anyone to tell him what to do and told me to f*** off. He's 12 years old and I just told his dad about everything and he lied to his dad about it telling him that he never said it, my husband told him that he doesn't believe him and then my stepson says to his dad, "fine take her f****** side" right then he knew I wasn't making this up. He grabbed him, spanked him and sent him to his room and asked me what I think we should do, I said ground him for the rest of the summer, so he's grounded through September 21st. 

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Holy wow, that is a long grounding for one incident.   I would have done just 2 weeks and extra jobs around the house cleaning.   I am guessing you are prepared for all that inside time with him.

leslie1989
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:30 PM
I would have taken video games or tv for a week or two.
Goddesswillow
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:28 PM

That is a long grounding, but his video games were taken away? Cell phone? and he does have to do chores right? being grounded is not much of a punishment if he gets to play games and do no work around the house. but then again I've never been grounded and dont plan on doing it to my kids if i can think of something that works

DeLovelyDarling
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I would have done the same thng good call mamma 

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Serious punishment for a seriously dangerous "crime"! Hope he learns from this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShireeCS
by Shiree on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM

thats a long punishment imo but it might be what he needs.  What part of Tennessee I used to live in the Murfreesboro area!

Mommy_Jenx3
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:30 PM
3 moms liked this

Spanking a 12 year old? 

skittlefart
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:23 AM

Chores....lotttssd of them

photo It-s-my-birthday-BITCH_zps824cec64.png

photo f2458de1-4fbe-4187-979b-7d086a655ae3_zpsf7eb12ba.jpg
ashesleigh
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this
what do you consider grounding? my 12yo ss is very respectful of me its the nine year old step son i have issues with. havnt been in a situation where they use language at me. but get disrespected from nine year old. his divorce papers state only he or ex wife can spank them so i separate them from everything to give them time to think about it and if their behavior continues no electronics and extra chores. its hard being a step mom at times especially with boys entering puberty. i personally agree with grounding. from my experience extra chores and separating them from electronics works better than the few times hubby spanked them.
NovaChick26
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I agree ! grounding for the entire summer is very extreme, I would say a couple weeks at most by that time he will have learned his lesson and moved on from it but the entire summer is extreme and I feel like he is just going to be more angry in the end and resentful.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Holy wow, that is a long grounding for one incident.   I would have done just 2 weeks and extra jobs around the house cleaning.   I am guessing you are prepared for all that inside time with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)