Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Should new moms receive "push presents?"

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 38 Replies

Should new moms receive "push presents?"

(If you don't know what those are, they're presents given to new moms shortly after giving birth as a thank you, I suppose.)

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJ-47
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this
No. The baby is the gift! I think push presents are ridiculous.
ILoveMyFam
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think that new moms should feel entitled to them, but I think it's a sweet gesture.  Yeah yeah the baby is the present, but it's the least a man can do for a woman who sacrificed her body and made all the right choices for her baby during the pregnancy.  Not to mention the pain and damage from the birth ;)  I did not get said push present :(

Jennyanne322
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM
It is more of a cultural thing I think.It is big with some of the religious Jewish people in my area.
brittany208
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM

this. 

Quoting ILoveMyFam:

I don't think that new moms should feel entitled to them, but I think it's a sweet gesture.  Yeah yeah the baby is the present, but it's the least a man can do for a woman who sacrificed her body and made all the right choices for her baby during the pregnancy.  Not to mention the pain and damage from the birth ;)  I did not get said push present :(

MayFlowerMomma
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think new moms should expect them but I think they should get something letting them know that says "Your wonderful for having my baby". Now that said, I did not get any such thing.

MayFlowerMomma
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Although my Mom brought us dinner the first night and his mom brought me a present (some nursing friendly night gowns)

kattcooper
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I do believe that push present are a nice gesture!! It doesn't have to be something fancy or extravagant, just from dad to mom as a token of his gratitude for all that she has gone through!!
klamomma2
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I agree that woman shouldn't expect it, but it is nice to receive something as a "Thank you" or "I love you".
I got something with all 3 of my kids, a watch that I had been wanting, necklace, and a bracelet.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I never received a push present, but I have nothing against them.
coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
No, most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The baby is enough, and nothing can top that. To each their own.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN