Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pimple face !?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:25 AM
  • 12 Replies
I've NEVER had a problem with acne in my entire life and I've always been so grateful for that! I'm 22 and in the last few weeks I've started breaking out so bad in between my brows mainly, but ill get a single giant pimpe on a dif part of my face like every other day! Chin, cheeks, temple, forehead, etc.. Then there's the patch of little ones between my eyebrows! I use oxy face wipes every morning and sometimes at night if I sweated during the day. I wash my face with actual face cleanser every time I shower which is every other day.

What could cause this? I just started getting my period again after almost 2 years of no Aunt Flow due to Bc and nursing. I do have a shitcan diet, I wish it were better, but is there something else that could cause it? Does Stress? I've searched online but we all know how that goes- millions of answers, all different. Please and thanks for the help.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Some of the biggest acne causes are stress, poor diet and hormones. You have all 3 going on. Good luck, mama. If it doesn't improve, see a dermatologist.
k9l1c5
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:23 AM

The stress, hormones and your diet are probably all affecting you and you have just been lucky before now. Do you drink a lot of water? That can help too. I had an acne problem in middle school, but then it went away in high school and came back after I had dd :/.

xxshelbyxxx
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I know right? Fml! I'm gonna give it a few weeks and switch from using Oxy wipes to regular face, then if it doesn't improve ill do what you suggested and go see a derm. Ill have to search around cuz I've never been to one in my entire life so idk whose good and whose just gonna prescribe me some strong ass dry-out-your-skin-but-not-actually-help-me cream, Kwim?

Quoting Courtney610:

Some of the biggest acne causes are stress, poor diet and hormones. You have all 3 going on. Good luck, mama. If it doesn't improve, see a dermatologist.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Hormones can cause pimples, so can poor diet and stress. I hope it starts to clear up for you.

xxshelbyxxx
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Great so you're saying my lucks just run out?? :( that's crappy! I don't drink as much water as I should and I hate that I don't bring myself to do so when I KNOW the benefits of drinking water as my main beverage. I'd be less constipated, have less headaches, have clearer skin; keep my metabolism high, etc LOL. So you're saying water will help possibly?

I'm just like you then when it comes to having none since high school then breaking out again after delivering my son. Grrrr! Thanks for your advice though mama

Quoting k9l1c5:

The stress, hormones and your diet are probably all affecting you and you have just been lucky before now. Do you drink a lot of water? That can help too. I had an acne problem in middle school, but then it went away in high school and came back after I had dd :/.

k9l1c5
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM

LOL sorry! I am bad sometimes with drinking water too, but I really really try to. But yes, drinking more of it should definitely help you have clearer skin! I have heard of a lot of people who either get acne problems or no longer have them after having kids, I guess it's just the way the cookie crumbles :/.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Great so you're saying my lucks just run out?? :( that's crappy! I don't drink as much water as I should and I hate that I don't bring myself to do so when I KNOW the benefits of drinking water as my main beverage. I'd be less constipated, have less headaches, have clearer skin; keep my metabolism high, etc LOL. So you're saying water will help possibly?

I'm just like you then when it comes to having none since high school then breaking out again after delivering my son. Grrrr! Thanks for your advice though mama

Quoting k9l1c5:

Kaseykahneno1
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Stress and hormones. My acne didn't flare up until after birth.

jmaw89
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I use witch hazel. You could try that instead of the oxy wipes. Just use a cotton ball and wipe, for me clears pimples/blackeads quickly.
thatonemomof2
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I joke that my poor face is worse now at 25 the. when i was a teenager lol :(
xxshelbyxxx
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I know right? I'm 22 and up until a month ago I hadn't had a breakout like this since highschool! My face truly does look worse now than it did when I was young. Cuz honestly I need really had acne when I was in school and I've always felt so blessed. Ugh it feels gross...

Quoting thatonemomof2:

I joke that my poor face is worse now at 25 the. when i was a teenager lol :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)