Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vent

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:40 AM
  • 5 Replies
being a step mom to three boys 12 10 and nine is hard at times. the youngest is really close to his mom so he seems to always be disrespecting me. its gotten to the point where hubbys had enough and last night told him very frankly that im not replacing his mom not trying to. that they arnt ever getting back together seeing how they are both remarried and he needs to realize its not my fault they arnt together sometimes people have children together but arnt good for each other romantically. he also said that hes not going to have a very happy time here if he doesnt learn to respect me. that im the one that plans meals based on what they like im the one that realized their caffine headaches and convinced him to try giving them a soda a day while they are here and their headaches dont happen. that im the one that remembers thinga they say that he forgets as far as birthday presents and christmas wants. he went further to inform him that just because his mother is jealous because we are having another baby and she cant is no reason to disrespect me. that having another baby will change things but not they way he thinks. he still makes one on one time for all of them and the new baby wont change that.
i think he took it too far. but after i finished cleaning the bathroom my step son appologized to me. it was the first time he appologized to me that seemed sincere. i love my step kids and i think hubby had enough of me being disrespected and frustrated with the nine year old. hubby doesnt allow them to disrespect me.
today is my drs visit. they are doing a amnio test. not sure the spelling is right but given my medical history he said hed rather be safe then sorry. i googled the test and normally they do it earlier in pregnancy. with hubby gonna be at work i asked my mom to take me then the grocery store because hubbys been working 12 hour shifts and kinds cranky when he gets off work. she agreed even though they are landscapers and have two jobs and dont really have the time to. i love my mom and glad things are coming around. i went through a deep depression and distanced myself from my family after my grandfather passed. things seem to be getting back with my family the way they were before.
im excited but nervous saturday were having baby shower and bbq. more people are coming than i thought would. its a good thing but i still get nervous about big groups even though they are my friends and family. i asked my mom to come early to help me set up and she said she planned to. but i know it made her happy for me to just ask.
my birthday is tomorrow and hubby said he has a surprise but who knows with him. i told him id be happy just having a movie night.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Glad to hear things are going well.
oscarsmom70
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:22 PM

happy birthday, momma!!  check out these brand new radio broadcasts aired by the non-profit I work for that talk about blended families.  They were both perfectly timed for me and my family . . . hoping they help you too!!  

Co-Parenting with Ron Deal and Tammy Daughtry and Remarriage with Drs. Gary and Greg Smalley.  You can listen to them online.

Praying for you!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Happy birthday! Hope things settle down soon.

esox
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Yay for your husband sticking up for you! Hopefully the kid acepts that things are going to change, but for the better and that you are not trying to take his mother's place or take time away from his time with his dad. How long have you two been married? 

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Happy birthday to you! I hope you have a beautiful day. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)