Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Self Introduction + Question for Moms in Young 20s

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hello Ladies! I have posted in this forum once or twice before, but other than that I havent been very active on the site and haven't introduced myself either! So I thought I would change that!

My name is Heather, I just turned 25 this month, I'm married to a very hard working man. We have a 2 and a half year old daughter, Peyton, and are expecting another little girl, Colbie, due Oct 25! I'm mostly a stay-at-home mom. I currently work in marketing and am in the office only 2x a week.

Hubby works as a sous chef 48 hours of the week and is going to school to become a nurse on top of it. Needless to say he is never home, which makes for a very boring, lonely and unstimulating life at the moment (he graduates in 2016).

To all the moms in their young 20s - Do you find it hard to find friends to relate to? In my experience, everyone my age doesn't have marriages and houses and families (plus they have day jobs and are usually unavailable), and the friends I have that are older and do have families can at times be hard to relate to due to the age difference. Plus having an incredibly busy husband on top of it, makes for a lot of lonliness and frustration.

Can anyone relate?

Chad (27) & Heather (24) - Married 7.8.12

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momof3jam
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I was there. Had my first when I was 17. Most single and childless friends dwindle off. The ones that do stick around really have nothing in common and eventually get tired of hearing "I can't go, I can't find a babysitter", or the other million reasons us moms have.

If you're in your early 20's, it's a crappy age for making tons of friends in the same boat. A lot are off in college, or single, or at least have no kids - no big responsibilities - yet. In a few years - maybe 25 or so - you'll notice more younger people with kids. When your kids start school you'll make some friends pretty easily. Hang in there.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I am 26 so not sure if I'm a young 20?  I actually have found the opposite to be true most of the women my age have young kids and are married or in a serious relationship.

destiny3513
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I'm 25....26 on 10/22! Lol. Um I feel the same way. I'm a SAHM and my bf works 50-60 hours a week. It gets lonely only talking to a baby. And my old friends are still selfish people I cannot relate to. They talk about spending all there money on clothes and I haven't had new clothes in years. It sucks.
kamaira
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:19 AM

i can...im not married but i am pregnant nd i keep my nephew for weeks at a time. i work n go to school and other w20 yr olds arent as matyre as i am, or have no sense of independence or responsibility rather they be moms or not. i chose this lifestyle nd no regrets but i did not think i wouls have noone to relate too

Lovingmommy1028
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:22 AM

hello my name is vanessa nice to meet you i am 28 years old welcome to cafemom 

hls7812
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Quoting destiny3513:

I'm 25....26 on 10/22! Lol. Um I feel the same way. I'm a SAHM and my bf works 50-60 hours a week. It gets lonely only talking to a baby. And my old friends are still selfish people I cannot relate to. They talk about spending all there money on clothes and I haven't had new clothes in years. It sucks.

I totally agree. In my case it's not clothes, it's being able to go out and hang out. Going out costs money and we can't really afford it all the time. Plus being pregnant currently I'm in bed by 10pm! Before I was pregnant with this current pregnancy we would go out on occasion, but not often. Now my husband gets to stay out for a drink at the bar/restaurant he works at and catch up with everyone after his shift (on occasion) before he drives home. He works so hard he could use the down time, so I never tell him he can't. But I wish I could go out once and catch up with our friends too!
destiny3513
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Yea, it sucks. I'm breastfeeding so I can't even have a drink at home yet. :(

Quoting hls7812:

Quoting destiny3513:

I totally agree. In my case it's not clothes, it's being able to go out and hang out. Going out costs money and we can't really afford it all the time. Plus being pregnant currently I'm in bed by 10pm! Before I was pregnant with this current pregnancy we would go out on occasion, but not often. Now my husband gets to stay out for a drink at the bar/restaurant he works at and catch up with everyone after his shift (on occasion) before he drives home. He works so hard he could use the down time, so I never tell him he can't. But I wish I could go out once and catch up with our friends too!

hls7812
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha yeah, my husband likes to have a few drinks before bed some nights and I just watch him in envy (if I'm still awake of course). They have those alcohol test strips you could buy if you wanted to have a glass of wine with dinner or something. Just have breast milk stored in the fridge so you can still feed your baby and dump the bad milk. But if you don't have a pump or are doing breast only than those options go out the window.

Quoting destiny3513:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)