Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im a b**** because....

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 17 Replies

im picky about who i let hold my 4 week old son??

my sil comes over, and little man is chilling in my lap perfectly content & bright eyed, she comes and grabs him outta my lap without washing her hands, or asking!! wtf?? this is the third time shes done this. she done it the day he was born didnt wash her hands after i asked her to, twice, and he had just went to sleep.. the second time he was sleeping on my chest and she grabbed him off me. wtf?? (again).

so i popped off at her this time, since she pissed him off cause as soon as she sat down with him he started screaming. he wanted to chill out with his mommy. 

and DH's cousin got pissed off at church sunday because we wouldnt let her hold him..

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dreamarrow
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I always made people wash their hands on the beginning and anyone who hold them I watched like a hawk. I never had anyone just grab my baby from me that would piss me off. Do you not want anyone to hold them or just certain people?
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Oh man that would make me mad too. Everyone washed their hands before picking up my baby. 

mrs.gosnell
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Just certain people. Dhs cousin can't handle when he whines so we rarely let her hold him. He whimpers a little when anyone besides me or his daddy holds him. I couldn't just snatch him back.from my.sil it'd scare him but as soon as he started crying I jumped up and grabbed him back. He instantly stopped when he seen mommy.

Quoting dreamarrow:

I always made people wash their hands on the beginning and anyone who hold them I watched like a hawk. I never had anyone just grab my baby from me that would piss me off. Do you not want anyone to hold them or just certain people?
dreamarrow
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:01 PM
They should be respectful of your decisions regarding your dh and your child. I always tried to let others hold mine because I didn't want them to form to much separartion anxiety. I have twins so it was nice to get help when I could :). Both my sons are like that they instantly stop crying when I pick them up

Quoting mrs.gosnell:

Just certain people. Dhs cousin can't handle when he whines so we rarely let her hold him. He whimpers a little when anyone besides me or his daddy holds him. I couldn't just snatch him back.from my.sil it'd scare him but as soon as he started crying I jumped up and grabbed him back. He instantly stopped when he seen mommy.

Quoting dreamarrow:

midjet117
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:05 PM

It'll change.

RachelBy
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I was big on the hand washing too, and I don't blame you for being picky about who holds your little one! My parents and sister flew out to see my daugher but they were all avid hand washers before touching her :) You say and do what you think is best, it's your baby not theirs.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I don't blame you wit the hand washing,I'd have an issue with her just grabbing him without asking. My Mom lived with me when my daugter was a baby and she would never have overstepped like that

rozenshyao
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I don't blame you whatsoever. My sister did that when my first son was born. She'd come home from college and she would instantly grab him from me, even if he's in his carseat asleep. Always pissed me off. She'd be like "Oh but i never get see him" so? This isn't your baby, ask first before trying to grab him off my hands and lap! good lord! i'd had only gotten him to sleep, finally!

hopefully when my second son is born, she wont do it again. especially now that she lives back at home. fingers crossed!

MamaPeanut
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I'd so the same, but I would have made her give the baby back, not just get her way.
newmomma1111
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM
We got told things because i always had hand sanitizer and made sure everyone had some before they held him. they didnt like that so much people are so absurd
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)