Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Concerned about our child's behavior!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi everyone! My DH & I have three boys and although we all know boys are very energetic we have been concerned about our 2yr old's behavior. We know that every child is different but our 2yr old has been a little handful lately. We're in the process of potty training him right now because he's showing interest in using the bathroom as well. He will take off his diaper in the mornings and smear his solid diaper all over his bedroom's wall and on his mattress & his brother's mattresses & all over the carpet. He's extremely hyper and likes to fight his sleep a lot. We have a routine for bedtime which is feed the boys dinner, take them a bath, and by 8 they should be in bed. Every single night we have a constant battle with him. He will kick his door til we open it and when we do he will run all over the house and won't go to bed til past 9. The other night we opened the door because he kept kicking it while his brothers were already asleep then we put him back 10 minutes later and when he saw that we weren't going togive in he grabbed a hard book and hit his older brother on his eye. We thought he was going to have a black eye the next day but thankfully his eye is okay. There's nothing in the boys room anymore because he has distroyed everything in that room! Including the closet doors and lately he's been attempting to taketake the side rails off the baby's crib. He's ripped the baby's mattress. I can't turn around for one minute because he's already getting into something. These are just a few of the things we're concerned about. If someone has gone through something similar to this please give us some advice or anything! At this point we're very stressed out and don't know what to do :( Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RheaF
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I have, by 2 my DS was uncontrollable. Our pedi. Has since diagnosed him with ADHD and possible Aspergers( there are other factors involved with sensory issues), but we don't feel the need to diagnose right now. He is now 4 1/2, and we have changed his diet, and started some OT at home. We first cut out artificial dyes when he was 2, and it was like day and night. My phone is about to die, but I would be happy to talk to you more if you want. Feel free to PM me.
NovaChick26
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM

talk to his pediatrician they may have some advice to offer. Has this only been recently? I saw you mentioned a crib so could he be jealous of his baby brother and be acting out?

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:29 AM

How old is baby brother? He could be jealous and acting out. I'd discuss it with his pediatrician.

I_luv_my_boys3
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Quoting NovaChick26:

talk to his pediatrician they may have some advice to offer. Has this only been recently? I saw you mentioned a crib so could he be jealous of his baby brother and be acting out?

Thanks! I did call his pediatrician yesterday and expressed my concerns about my DS and they referred him to a psychiatrist. His brother is a year and a half and his doctor did ask if this has started since his brother was born but actually this has started since he started walking. Things have gotten out of hand lately.

in love                     american football    toddler boy   baby boy

Anthony + Fabiola =  Damian, Danny Manny, & Dillon Anthony :)

MamaPeanut
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I agree with seeing doctors.

Can you out him in his own room? That may solve a lot of sleep issues. Sharing a room may be overwhelming him.

Ask your dr first, but low dose Melatonin is great for helping a person sleep. It's a natural herb and is safe.

I'd also increase his free play during the day to tire him out. Playing outside, park, and swimming will help a lot.

You may also evaluate his diet. Processed foods, sugars, and other similar foods can wreak havoc on behavior.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)