Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Dinner Ideas?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:09 AM
  • 11 Replies

I was wondering if any of you ladies could give me some dinner ideas. I'm tired of fixing the same ole things. We have a weekly food budget of $200 which if for myself, dh, and a 1,3,5,7 year olds. Any ideas would help. Thanks! 

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Meatloaf. Crock pot BBQ chicken sand which. Philly cheese steaks. I usually just plan my week by what's on sale
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Do you have Pinterest? I find all my nerw recipes from there.

ashesleigh
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM
the boys like homemade bean burritos. cook and drain the beans until soft then mash. you can odd taco meat or whatever youd like. i do ham in delux mac and cheese. the boys say it tastes like hot pockets. i take four cups of rice while boiling add tomatoes or rotel diced onions and diced green peppers. after its done cooking i combine it with seasoned ground beef and top with cheese. in the crock pot ill put cooked small shells a can of corn can of rotel or diced tomatoes three cans of tomato sauce and a package of taco seasoning let the combine for about an hour then add taco beef to the mixture and cook another two hours on low or anhour onhigh
peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:38 PM

we like baked chicken legs and they are cheap.  If you want to "fancy" them up put on bbq sauce.  Another good idea put chicken legs in tomato sauce in your crockpot and serve over pasta.

Amanda2487
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Thank you. I don't have pintrest.....maybe I should check into getting one. I've heard some people say they have found good ideas on there. 

lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Pot roast
Meatloaf
Meatballs
Burritos
Homemade pizza
Spaghetti
Grilled pizza - like a grilled cheese but with moz cheese and pizza topping and dipped in pizza sauce
Baked chicken chili
Corn chowder
Loaded baked potato soup
Amanda2487
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM

The grilled pizza sounds really good!  

Quoting lilmama8408:

Pot roast
Meatloaf
Meatballs
Burritos
Homemade pizza
Spaghetti
Grilled pizza - like a grilled cheese but with moz cheese and pizza topping and dipped in pizza sauce
Baked chicken chili
Corn chowder
Loaded baked potato soup

lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM
It's fun and tastes great

Quoting Amanda2487:

The grilled pizza sounds really good!  

Quoting lilmama8408:

Pot roast
Meatloaf
Meatballs
Burritos
Homemade pizza
Spaghetti
Baked chicken chili
Corn chowder
Loaded baked potato soup

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Shrimp diavolo pasta if you like spicy...don't have the recipe on my phone but can get it for you if you're interested. Shrimp scampi. Fettucine Alfredo. Chicken tacos. Meatloaf. Sloppy joes. Manicotti. Tortellini Alfredo. Chili. Squash casserole (this is amazing and i can get this recipe for you too if you want it). Vegetable or chicken and veg stir fry.... I have found a lot of my recipes on pinterest too, you should definitely check it out!
momwithtwins714
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Pinterest is the way to go! That is my go to site when I am tired of making the same old stuff, they also have meals on a budget and plans for freezing meals ahead of time :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)