Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bleeding in first trimester

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am a first time mom and 6 weeks pregnant. I was having brown spotting and my Dr. gave me progresterone as a precaution to take every night. Then the other day I had some red spotting but no cramping. My Dr. doubled the progesterone and it stopped again but it really scares me. The Dr. said it shouldnt be something to worry about but that we will keep an eye on it. Did anyone else experience any bleeding early on? I am trying not to worry but it is hard when you want to keep your little sweet pea so badly!

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommymegan06
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM

i had a little bit of brown spotting in the begining too. my dr told me that if i dont fill up a pad with straight blood not to worry. it was just old blood and they did a ultrasound to make sure she was ok and everything

CafeMom Tickers
MistyMoo
by Amber on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I had spotting with my son and the doctor wasn't worried.
jules0504
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Thank you Megan :) That actually makes me feel a lot better. It was so scary at first! Did it make you nervous at all? I haven't had enough bleeding to even land on a pad, it was just when I would wipe. I had an ultra sound at 5 weeks and I get another next friday. I am excited to hear the heart beat :)

jules0504
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I am glad Misty :) Did you have a lot of bleeding?

peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I had both red and brown bleeding.  My doctor said to just take it easy for a day and if it wasnt period like bleeding not to worry.  I went in the next day for a sonogram and everythng was fine.  I contintued bleeding on and off for a few weeks.  Doc told me about 40 percent of women have some bleeding.  I went all through my pregnancy fine and had a beautiful baby girl on April 19 who is healthy, happy and very active!

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I had brown spotting with my first. I was freaking out. My mom told me it was normal and so did the midwife (my dh called her while I was freaking out). That little baby is now almost 6 years old and still makes me worry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I didn't but my sister did and she gave birth to a perfectly healty baby. Good luck!

jules0504
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Thank you everyone :) I am so glad I found this site because I have been very worried! All your comments have made me feel much better :)
NovaChick26
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I spotted through my first trimester from what I understand its pretty normal thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)